☀️You asked for it, We made it happen 🙌
☀️ Win 30 Gold Bars here 🍏and another 30 Gold bars here 🐝
Share what level you're on here 💪 | 🌱Say hi here 👋 | 🍒 Find out your Cropsies name here 🌟

Amelia is Celebrating Women's Day 🦸🏻‍♀️

QueenBQueenB Posts: 4,534 Community Manager
edited March 16 in Discussions

👉 No account yet? Sign up here in 2 seconds!👈

Every great Saga needs all sorts of Heroes!

As part of the Women's Day, Amelia would like to take this opportunity to celebrate one of talented leader at Farm... Sabrina AKA @FarmBrina 🦸🏻‍♀️

We sat with her and asked a few questions, so sit back and get ready for some girl power 💪

Say hi to the players and let introduce yourself.

Hi everyone, my name is Sabrina and I am the Head of Farm Heroes Saga, at King in London. I am originally from Brazil where I started as the second woman in the country to ever work with videogames, and have lived in over 6 countries so far. I have been working with Production and Games for 10 years now and I have developed everything from mobile to Facebook to console!

What was your dream job as a child?

I always dreamt of being an astronaut. I love traveling and I figured the sky should  be the limit.

What do you like about your job and about working at King?

The most important thing for me is the possibility of being yourself. Throughout my career, it has not been easy to be a woman in gaming, let alone in leadership. King is a place that allows me not only to be myself (that should be the norm) but also to succeed  of myself. As for my role, being Head of Farm Heroes Saga allows me to have full accountability for our game and our team, and I get involved in a series of different topics and challenges. That excited me loads!

What are you challenges women face in the gaming industry?

I think all the challenges that any women suffers anywhere come as a baggage to the industry, unfortunately. The struggles of being heard, taken seriously and being rewarded for your efforts are sometimes overlooked. The important thing is to keep focused on what you want and not to give up.

Any advice for the women out there wanting to join a gaming company?

DO IT! ABSOLUTELY! There is room for everyone, all you need to do is believe in yourself, be resilient and find a community that supports you. Share struggles, ideas and speak up. Do speak up – if it happens to you, it happens to others.

Do you have a motto? If yes, want to share it?

Yeah: in order to make the best decision possible, you need as much diversity possible. My job is to usually make decisions on things, so in order to do my best, I need support from different people, to allow me to have as much information as possible and to look from as many angles as possible.

Who inspires you and why?

My team does. I have about 50 people working in my team and they come from all sorts of backgrounds, experiences, places. They all have different interests, routines and aptitudes. And they all work together, they all keep trying to improve the team together. I get my energy from them, and I get inspired to push myself more to be the best leader they can have.

Is there a better way to do it than giving them the mic?

We will post personal interviews with some of the Kingdom's Queens every Wednesday during the month of March, so that the Community is filled with their strength, their values and their girl power! Stay tuned on the Hub for more!

🎤Farm Heroes Saga - The studio is hunting for feedback, share yours here 🎤
⭐ Don't miss out on Gold Bars here ⭐
FHSS: Don't miss out on Level Tips here. 🤓

Don't forget to wash your hands 😉

Comments

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Leaderboard