Windows 10 app and Facebook connection

Options
Lady_Choo
Lady_Choo Posts: 24,908 Pet Rescue Moderator
edited August 2021 in Support

Posting this here in case its not just me. One red comment told me my account was locked to protect me but I have been able to use Facebook without any more issues than usual so its not that... @PummyRaj what is your connection like?

The only other message I am getting is "cannot connect at this time" just after it asked me to accept cookies on this browser again πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ

edit** won't let me log in via the kingdom either πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ

Answers

• Werner_Cichy
    Werner_Cichy Posts: 29,405 Crushing Legend
    Options

I've had that a few times in other games. It is often only for a short time. Sign in with your King account / email. That should work. Or wait a couple of hours. I guess it's a facebook problem. Possibly updates!

• Lady_Choo
    Options

@Werner_Cichy Facebook is always the cause of the issue. My hubby lost 18 months, 86 levels, 4000 gems (gold equivalent) on a game this week (none King) all for logging into FB like he usually does. And it restarted him at level 1. The game itself is in soft launch as they have just switched to Unity in the hopes of bringing it back to FB so they have no clue how long it will be before he gets progress restored or even any of the gems. It doesn't make you want to carry on playing through it that's for sure.

Unfortunately though the issue is still there today and I am getting connection error now whether fb or the email. Luckily its loading up on my level so at least I can still sort out the new contest and re-video older levels at least without worrying about progress being lost 😊

• Lady_Choo
    Options

Ok so update.

I used ccleaner, I went into farm settings and clicked everything πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ

Once I did that I re-opened the game and a pop up appeared telling me I needed to agree to terms and conditions. Clicked ok to that and then logged in and it worked.

So upshot of it is, it was the pop up stopping it but I don't know if anything I did actually helped, or it just came up like it should have done yesterday.

Either way, I've done playing tonight. I had to use Facebook to play. Its like going back to dial up from high speed broadband. I need a coffee πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆ

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?