Standard date format including year

Options
nancyb099
nancyb099 Posts: 77 Level 2
edited November 2021 in Discussions

In most cases there is no way to tell how old a post/thread is without opening individual messages. If you have a problem and look for discussion on that topic, you may find that it was discussed years ago and never resolved. Some posts labeled new are also years old. If posts were identified by date including the year the whole site would be more user friendly. Current format might show month and day or month and year. This needs to be a standard format of month-day-year so you know whether an issue is currently being reviewed or not without wasting time.

Comments

• Spinnifix
    Spinnifix Posts: 24,823 Sweet Legend
    Options

Hello and welcome

I know what you mean. Only this is the ideas area for the game Farm Heroes and these ideas are only intended for the game. What you wrote, I said myself in a post to improve the community. A team with me opened the post over a year ago. Thanks for your suggestion. If you have any ideas for the game Farm Heroes, please let us know!

Thank you and have a great day

@QueenB @PummyRaj @encantes @Lady_Choo

• Lady_Choo
    Lady_Choo Posts: 24,547 Pet Rescue Moderator
    edited November 2021
    Options

Thanks for your feedback. We sometimes feel the same thing.

However not all old posts are useless, some of them have information on that you might miss but is still relevant .

Some were sadly missed at the time when we were new and finding feet and so not answered. Or more unhelpfully, the player didn't come back to say if the advice helped or not.

And sometimes they are used to start a new player having the same issue. So there are pros and cons for both and its finding a balance. The community is always being improved on though and feedback listened to.

I find it interesting though that you mentioned a standard format as in M-D-Y ....In the UK our standard is actually D-M-Y. I didn't actually know that it wasn't just us who used that until recently .

• nancyb099
    nancyb099 Posts: 77 Level 2
    Options

Thanks but still doesn't address why the year is not shown in the thread or why threads cannot be viewed in some kind of date order so that you can see right away if an issue is current or not. It makes the whole site very confusing. Here is a sample of what I mean:

As you can see, some posts show a year, some do not, some show a day some do not. It makes no sense and is hard to follow as the posts are not in any kind of date order at all. Thanks for having this looked at.

• Lady_Choo
    Options

The ones without a year are this year that's why they don't have a year. And because its a recent post, it will have the day. I hope that helps a little 😊

• Lady_Choo
    Options

Hi @nancyb099 just so you know, our Farm manager has noted your feedback and thanks you for taking the time to share with us your experience. They are always listening to suggestions to make the site easier to use 😊

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?