(Ended) πŸ‘‰πŸŽ„πŸŽ… Holiday gifting - win gold!

Options

Comments

• Bellamy32
    Bellamy32 Posts: 2,340 Level 5
    edited December 2022
    Options

@Lady_Choo Hey farmer..πŸ˜„ the most thoughtful gift I received was a hand knitted jumper from my auntie. She spent every evening till dawn knitting away whilst listening to her go to music. She also included some baked cookies. πŸ’•

• Thmo
    Thmo Posts: 374 Level 4
    Options

@Lady_Choo my most thoughtful gift I've recieved from my siblings when I turned 30. I'm still wearing it every day. I couldn't really describe, or show them, what necklace I meant, but somehow they did find that and bought it for me ❀

And the most thoughtful gift I'm giving away, most be the crocheted pillow for my niece, I'll give her tomorrow. All the time and love I crocheted in to that piece

• CassD
    CassD Posts: 18,516 Level 5
    Options

Hi @Lady_Choo. My husband and I married without having a formal engagement. When we were on holiday at Christmas in the snow-clad Black Forest in Germany, my husband presented me with a beautiful engagement ring. It is obviously a gift I shall cherish forever

• DieOmimi
    DieOmimi Posts: 37,970 Friends Moderator
    Options

Hello @Lady_Choo my daughter gave me my best gift 6 years ago. It was a copy of her maternity record. Lovingly packed together with a book, for expectant grandparents. Yeh, we became grandparents. Grand!

• Xxander
    Xxander Posts: 5,902 Level 5
    Options

My former girlfriend bought me a golden armband.... Matching a Gift from my parents. I still wear it, 20 year later.

• LoveDachs
    LoveDachs Posts: 28,156 Level 5
    Options

@Lady_Choo

What a wonderful and loving idea for a contest.

Growing up my mother and I had a few rough Christmases and our church would bring us along with other needy families a box or two of food. There was always a turkey, some bakery products and canned groceries. One year we were picked as "the" family and they also took us shopping for clothes, my mom needed a coat, snow boots for me and so much more. That was the best Christmas we had in a couple of years and it meant the world to us to know that someone cared.

When things got better for us my mom sat me down and told me that we should always be grateful for the help that we had received and to help others in need when you are doing well. My mother did that all of her life and me too.. when we could.

I had to realize that there was no shame in that when I was a child and once we are adults we do realize that it is better to give than receive.

• gordan10
    gordan10 Posts: 10,930 Level 5
    Options

The most thoughtful gift I've ever received is a beautiful necklace with a locket containing my sons' pictures. My mother-in-law gave it to me years ago and I still wear it all the time ❀

• KCullen127
    KCullen127 Posts: 6,017 Pro Player 👑
    Options

The best gift I received was a trip to Hong Kong with all inclusive including my stay at a 5-star hotel The Peninsula Hong Kong. I had a chance to check the movie studios, visited many historic places and not forgetting tasting all the tasty food like Dim Sum.

• Racoon7
    Racoon7 Posts: 16,382 Pro Player 👑
    edited December 2022
    Options

Hi @Lady_Choo

The most precious, heart-moving, thoughtful and memorable gift was a subject title saying "Merry Christmas ⛄️" from my daughter, via email.

• MiladyR
    MiladyR Posts: 10,646 Level 5
    Options

@Lady_Choo thoughtful gifts I’ve given every year with my parish is food, clothes and toys to families who are in need in our community. Every year for the second week of December, which happens to be my birthday, our church hold a Christmas Workshop with Santa’s Elves. Instead of receiving birthday gifts, we purchase needed gifts for the church. Invitations are sent to families that happens to be struggling in our community to attend our workshop. We always asks for the age and size of their children and we make sure to have toys, games and clothes for them. The joy of seeing the smile on the kids face is the best birthday gift.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?