Ads designating as irrelevant

wub100
wub100 Posts: 5 Level 2

I understand the business model and understand the ads - you want us to watch them so you get revenue - fair enough. However, the issue is that I can no longer say an ad is repetitive or irrelevant as it crashes the game and I have to reboot my tablet. The issue also is that no doubt these advertisers are paying you every time I watch an ad. There is one ad recently from fishinggear.com that is TOTALLY irrelevant to me as I do not fish and do not know anyone who does - yet I am unable to say this ad is irrelevant to me so I no longer see it.

I am not a member of their target audience. This is the case for many of the ads they are not clearly targeted and I am unable to say they are irrelevant so i keep getting them and you no doubt keep charging the advertisers. I am sure they would be disappointed to know this. You used to be able to do this.

Answers

• PummyRaj
    PummyRaj Posts: 41,305 Candy Moderator

Hello @wub100 πŸ€— Hearty Welcome to our lovely Farm King Community!

I am sorry to hear that watching Ad is causing to crash your game πŸ˜•

Can you please tell me which device you are using and which version of the App you have? Did you install the recent update 5.78 or up?

I have sent a note about the issue of β€œAd relevancy” to our Farm In-charge. Will get back to you about that πŸ‘

If you have anything else to inform and to post the details about your device, etc., please type your reply in the blank box given below to my comment.

Talk to you soon. Have a great rest of the day πŸ’

• wub100

installed the recent update and was surprised that this was not fixed. Using ipad mini. On my phone which I occasionally use to play this is not an issue you have no choice but to watch the ads - and again they are mostly irrelevant as I do not want to play any more games and the ads relate mostly to those so not sure why so as presumably not a revenue source to you

• QueenB
    QueenB Posts: 14,977 Community Manager
    edited March 2022

Thank you for sharing this @wub100 and a warm welcome to our Community πŸ€—

I will pass on your feedback about not being able to "filter" the ads you would like to see... We cannot promise you any changes as we're not sure this is an issue but remember to have a look at the games T&C and Privacy HERE.

• wub100

Quite odd that you have no fix for this it has been happening for some time. If I click on the "i" and put ad irrelevant or repetitive I used to no longer see that ad and be able to continue playing. Now I continue to see the irrelevant ad and it also crashes the game. I am sure your advertisers would not be happy to be paying for each viewing by someone who is not in their target audience!

• QueenB
    QueenB Posts: 14,977 Community Manager

We understand this is not ideal and as for the game crashing when watching an Ad, that has been reported and improvements are being worked on by the Farm Heroes Saga studio.

As for the option to report an Ad as irrelevant, we have never had the option before however, we have passed on the feedback to the team behind the Ads as this is a feature we do not control.

In the meantime, this is what we can offer that might help:

Open the game app and select the 3 lines and then My Profile:

Then select Privacy and security and then you should get the option to personalize Ads:

Hope this helps πŸ™‚

• wub100

I note you say "should" get the option to personalise your experience - that does not appear on privacy and security - there is intro, playing our games etc etc there is a link to "how to adjust your preferences for interest (sic) based advertising" and when you click on that there is the ad identified, cookies....your rights, children and contact us but apart from blocking cookies no way to stop seeing ads that are irrelevant like fishingear.com!!!!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?