New 'sidebar' in Farm Heroes Saga in Facebook/browser

Options
Irenejd
Irenejd Posts: 58 Level 3

Is this something new, or did I just mess up?? On my PC, I play FHS in Facebook on my Chrome browser. I am missing many, many power-ups and yesterday I thought I would give FireFox a shot and see if they would show up there. I had to sign in to FB in FF and when I selected FHS, I got a different looking screen. Yes, the main game was there, but there was also a black sidebar with King game icons in it. I have never seen it before and don't particularly want it as it is distracting. I figured out how to close it, but there remains a black bar on top of my game with an X for exit. When I exit, it goes to the King Games site. I don't want to go there. I realize that I can just hit the FB home button, but I want it to behave like it did two days ago. Now that I've closed the sidebar, how do I get rid of the black bar across the top and that danged X?

Anyone have any ideas?? Help much appreciated!

Comments

• Lady_Choo
    Lady_Choo Posts: 24,484 Pet Rescue Moderator
    edited May 2023
    Options

Hi @Irenejd The sidebar is something that Facebook has done. Sadly King cannot stop that. There is a button towards the top you can click that will remove it. Facebook do a lot of "improvements" that are not very good for us gamers.

As to the power ups, I think you have been talking with @PummyRaj about this? Unfortunately Facebook keeps losing them. We don't know why, they haven't been able to get to the bottom of it as it doesn't affect all players, but they suggest that if you can, use the windows 10 app or a device. They don't wander off on there 🤗

• Irenejd
    Options

Bummer! Yes, I was talking to @PummyRaj about power-ups who also suggested I use the app. I admit that I was dragging my feet on this, hoping the power-ups would return. They actually did return once, just a couple weeks before I lost them again.😡 You will both be happy to know I finally succumbed and downloaded the Windows app. I guess I have to give up on my lost power-ups.

Thank you for the info that it is FB which is doing that and not King. It is not an upgrade as far as I'm concerned. It is a downgrade. And the button unfortunately does not remove it all. It leaves that big black bar at the top which then takes you to the FB games pages when you hit the X for exit. (I previously thought and erroneously reported it took me to King Games!🤥😵) I guess that is FB's way of encouraging you to spend your money on FB sales.

Thanks much for responding.

• Irenejd
    Options

@PummyRaj (or @Lady_Choo)

I am not sure who I should be addressing now. I am once again discouraged. I loaded the Windows app as suggested by King. My power-ups are gone. Pfffft!!! Well, I have a few. Here is what it looks like now. I have all my gold bars and beans. But I have even fewer power-ups than I had when I lost them! I will attempt to contact Player Support, but I do not think they are inclined to fix this. I may have to give up Farm Heroes because it has just become so frustrating for me. See screen shots for differences.

• PummyRaj
    PummyRaj Posts: 33,039 Candy Moderator
    Options

Hello dear Irene @Irenejd🤗

I too do not have the answer for the "boosters" glitch, as to when the Studio will work on fixing it!! I am sorry🤦‍♀️

Since you play on iPad also, I would request you to continue to play on that itself. I am also in the same shoes as you... not able to play on Facebook browser. But, I have realized that playing on mobile device has become much easier... since it is mobile, we can take it everywhere.

Just not that, we have many extra side events that will give us boosters and Magic Beans rewards!

With regards to that annoying X on Facebook page, you can get rid of that by going to "Full screen" mode. Exactly opposite to the X (on the right end of screen), you will 2 arrows that are pointed diagonally. Click on that, and you won't see anything else but the game - on entire screen.

To come out of that screen, simply press "Esc" (escape) button on your keyboard OR hover your mouse to the top middle of the screen and you will see X dropping out.

• Irenejd
    Options

Bummer! Yes, I was talking to @PummyRaj about power-ups who also suggested I use the app. I admit that I was dragging my feet on this, hoping the power-ups would return. They actually did return once, just a couple weeks before I lost them again.😡 You will both be happy to know I finally succumbed and downloaded the Windows app. I guess I have to give up on my lost power-ups.

Thank you for the info that it is FB which is doing that and not King. It is not an upgrade as far as I'm concerned. It is a downgrade. And the button unfortunately does not remove it all. It leaves that big black bar at the top which then takes you to the FB games pages when you hit the X for exit. (I previously thought and erroneously reported it took me to King Games!🤥😵) I guess that is FB's way of encouraging you to spend your money on FB sales.

Thanks much for responding.

@PummyRaj, thank you and @Lady_Choo for responding. (It is not clear to me that this response got sent!) I will have to do that, play on the iPad. But, sometimes having a big screen is nice for these old eyes! Good tip about the full screen.

I hope you are enjoying your Michigan weather and I hope it's not too hot for you!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?