Please development team, no more forced boosters!!

Options
Lady_Choo
Lady_Choo Posts: 25,037 Pet Rescue Moderator

I know, I know, all levels can be completed without spending money, blah blah blah. I know. And it was true once upon a time when Farm Heroes Saga was fun to play.

And I know you need money to keep a game running. I don't object to supporting a game *koff paradise bay gems koff*

What I do object too, is being forced into paying to play a game that is not fun any more, and were I not co-running a group, running a blog and supporting the game by making videos to show game play for each level, without using boosters, without cheating, I would have quit by now. I have played since the beginning. I am not a "Super better than anyone else player" but I have determination and is what has kept me constantly replaying levels to get the best videos I can, without boosters, without companions. Which were brought in to help, before levels were made harder.

Do you know how frustrating it is, to eventually beat a level, breathe a sigh of relief, then while battling a level, find that King studio's have not only ammended a level, sometimes they add moves, sometimes they take away but increase crops. Always on the harder levels, rarely make them easier. Then just as you catch up on the video footage, they change them again. Sometimes as many as half a dozen times, sometimes they just put them back to the original.

Or you are playing the latest levels. Struggle through but finish the videos to have the game go down two days after they were released, and find they have all been made harder?

What started off as helping people play a game I loved, has become a full time job, and even worse, I don't get paid for it. I don't expect to, but it would be nice if King would meet us half way. Stop messing about with the levels that are already complete (older ones) unless they were hard in the first place.

Don't assume that because people are moaning under the posts on the Facebook page that they are wanting new levels 10 minutes after the new levels were released because they have thrown gold or used a cheat programme to get through, that all players are the same. People have different abilities. Its not too hard to get the mix right. Ignore the ones that flew through them in minutes and assume they used help, and when you have tons of people moaning about how hard a level is, don't make it harder (1361) but actually listen to the people that are supporting YOUR game, YOUR wages, paying for your shiny new house, car, children, whatever. We, the players are sick of the levels becoming hard to a point they are no longer fun. We the players are tired of being forced into paying to play a game that has become tiresome. And we the players, will leave King behind as we look for new games which are fun again. I already dropped all other king games (except for paradise bay) and refuse to play the new one (which looks ugly anyway imo from the screenshots I have seen) I want to stick with Farm Heroes Saga like millions of others do. I want to enjoy the game again. If you are wanting to put players off so they support the super saga game, then don't just kill it, end it, don't make more levels, that way people will stick with you. if you don't believe a word I am saying, please read your emails, your tweets, players comments under posts, join some groups and see what your players think. Because I am getting tired of feeling like I have been hit with a shovel from a game that should be fun to play.Recently my co-videoer, (who is a better player than me and who incidentally quit because of this) told King she used FIFTY shovels to get past 1382. Yes, you read that right. Just to see how many it takes and she always gets good boards. I used 15+ boosters on 1361 just to get past. No I couldn't write tips or make a video. And when I complained, I got the usual response and the post (again) was not cleared on here. Funnily enough, despite how I try to vent cleanly, I doubt this one will make it through moderation either, like the last few I have sent. So all I ask is you pass this on to the team, not the poor FHS players who are as frustrated as us, and admitted to me via chat, they cannot pass 1382 either but are in the firing line when we complain, but to the actual team who create the game. Because its not working and they need to stop burying their head before they end up with people quitting. It won't be just a few, like the 3k in my small group, it will be much vaster. I ask you to approve this post so others can read and comment and see how many might agree.

On an additional note I haven't played the newest episode, but have been told its as bad as the last episode (which I also did not play) so that makes 3 new episodes now where it seems we are being forced into buying boosters....I won't be playing any more new levels until this changes and if it doesn't, I won't be playing them at all. I will continue updating older levels while I can in our blog but that will be it. Someone this morning suggested I download a cheat package. More will resort to that. But if you have to cheat to play a game (which I won't) what is the point of playing it?

Answers

• Tony_Mc
    Tony_Mc Posts: 4,138 Level 3
    Options

Hi Farmer Tracy,

Thank you very much for your input.

As you can see, your question has now made it to our site and can be read and commented on by other users. 

At King we listen to our players and we provide a space to openly discuss topics, always respecting our site's house rules. Transparency is very important for us too. 

Again, thanks for your time, effort and patience.

Kindest regards,

Tony - King Care Team

• Paula_Sharp
    Paula_Sharp Posts: 5 Level 2
    Options

Yes I do know the answer to this question, the answer is for the King studio to listen to their Care Team who are getting the flak from players for mistakes that they have made on Levels 1376, 1380 and 1382 and other levels, take for an example level 1382 this requires a player to grow 9 flowers gather 170 Carrots and 170 Strawberries IN 14 MOVES! This is an impossible task as I explained to the live chat operator that I spoke to firstly to make the 9 flowers takes 9 moves IF the water is there which it isn't! So that now leaves us with 5 moves to gather the crops and grow the flowers, each flower needs 3 hits to grow, which cannot be achieved also the board is full of toxic crops so gathering the crops is also not possible unless you can match a water with the seed to clean the grass up. I used 50 shovels to get through this level just to see how many it would take! I do not complain very often but my frustration at the game studio refusing to listen when we do complain is growing, For goodness sake take a look at these levels yourselves and prove with a video that one of you can get through any of them! I asked the live chat operator for a video and I was given a You Tube link in which the person was buying extra moves and lots of them, which is fine if people want to play that way however, when I watched the clip this person was getting extra moves WITHOUT it costing any gold, when they went to buy it comes up as the cost is 0 Gold so this person is clearly using a cheat program and blatantly doing so, I do not cheat and nor will I buy boosters on what is supposed to be a free game.

• Lynette
    Lynette Posts: 6,466 Pet Rescue Moderator
    edited July 2016
    Options

Thank you Tony for posting Farmer Tracy's comments, and Thank you very much Tracy for writing them!     This also applies to Diamond Digger Saga.   I have stopped making the videos as they are too time consuming and too difficult.   Most of the members of our help group have also given up.   I applaud Tracy for staying with Farm Heroes.   I hope King take notice and keep the games fun and possible!

• Nic_Delaney_Kane
    Nic_Delaney_Kane Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

Thanx Tracey for bringing this to their attention numerous times. 1382 is literally impossible. I used 50 shovels all my boasters and even spent 20 gold and still could not pass. Im getting tired of this now as its not fun anymore. King please do something to make it a little easier. Maybe add a few extra moves to this level or no one will want to play!

• Mas
    Mas Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

I am a part of Farmer Tracy's FHS family. We used to be a happy bunch of cropsies enjoying the game but now one by one we are turning into grumpy cropsies, feeling frustrated at the ridiculously impossible levels lately. If the level is HARD, that's ok. But if it is IMPOSSIBLE then that's just not fair! We are a bunch of honest, fair players who don't cheat and enjoy a good challenge in the game that we love. I am stuck at level 1382 and I refuse to spend tons of gold just to pass it. We yearn for the fun, challenging levels of yore that required our skill, strategy, planning and a little bit of luck to pass. Lately it looks like we just need to pay a lot of gold to pass. That's not a fair or fun game anymore.  Please revise your latest episodes or else u might lose a whole bunch of good players. 

• Janet_Mannion
    Janet_Mannion Posts: 19 Level 2
    Options

I am also part of Tracy's farm heroes family group and have been trying to get through the latest levels 1380 I used 30 gold bars and numerous shovels and other boosters to get through a tough one I thought. 1382 now that is not just tough its impossible why are you making this game unplayable or even more unenjoyable come on King many of us love this game and play it to chill out after busy days. We don't mind some levels being testing but these are just unfair. You will loose more players than you gain if you don't give us the fair game that we all love back. 

• Paula_Sharp
    Options

Here you are my friends this is a video of how to get through Level 1382! The studio are Not listening to us they are sitting there smuggly saying this level can be achieved without using boosters! Well watch this Video that I have made and if anyone of you can see how I went wrong please feel free to comment I would be very interested to be enlightened on where we are all going wrong, I have used 42 shovels to get 1 Star can anyone do Better???? Perhaps the creative team can show us the way? https://www.dropbox.com/s/7la9eohkzg5t7tf/Farm Heroes Saga Level 1382 42 Shovels Plus Companion Yeah!!!.mp4?dl=0

• Paula_Sharp
    Options

I am a part of Farmer Tracy's FHS family. We used to be a happy bunch of cropsies enjoying the game but now one by one we are turning into grumpy cropsies, feeling frustrated at the ridiculously impossible levels lately. If the level is HARD, that's ok. But if it is IMPOSSIBLE then that's just not fair! We are a bunch of honest, fair players who don't cheat and enjoy a good challenge in the game that we love. I am stuck at level 1382 and I refuse to spend tons of gold just to pass it. We yearn for the fun, challenging levels of yore that required our skill, strategy, planning and a little bit of luck to pass. Lately it looks like we just need to pay a lot of gold to pass. That's not a fair or fun game anymore.  Please revise your latest episodes or else u might lose a whole bunch of good players. 

Well said Mas
  • Paula_Sharp
    Options

Thanx Tracey for bringing this to their attention numerous times. 1382 is literally impossible. I used 50 shovels all my boasters and even spent 20 gold and still could not pass. Im getting tired of this now as its not fun anymore. King please do something to make it a little easier. Maybe add a few extra moves to this level or no one will want to play!

maybe the game makers will show us a video enlightening us as to how they are able to do it
  • Honeybeah
    Honeybeah Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

Yes I do know the answer to this question, the answer is for the King studio to listen to their Care Team who are getting the flak from players for mistakes that they have made on Levels 1376, 1380 and 1382 and other levels, take for an example level 1382 this requires a player to grow 9 flowers gather 170 Carrots and 170 Strawberries IN 14 MOVES! This is an impossible task as I explained to the live chat operator that I spoke to firstly to make the 9 flowers takes 9 moves IF the water is there which it isn't! So that now leaves us with 5 moves to gather the crops and grow the flowers, each flower needs 3 hits to grow, which cannot be achieved also the board is full of toxic crops so gathering the crops is also not possible unless you can match a water with the seed to clean the grass up. I used 50 shovels to get through this level just to see how many it would take! I do not complain very often but my frustration at the game studio refusing to listen when we do complain is growing, For goodness sake take a look at these levels yourselves and prove with a video that one of you can get through any of them! I asked the live chat operator for a video and I was given a You Tube link in which the person was buying extra moves and lots of them, which is fine if people want to play that way however, when I watched the clip this person was getting extra moves WITHOUT it costing any gold, when they went to buy it comes up as the cost is 0 Gold so this person is clearly using a cheat program and blatantly doing so, I do not cheat and nor will I buy boosters on what is supposed to be a free game.

I agree with the above and have quit playing even tho I am almost 3 stars all the way to this level..I have bought gold even tho I am on a fixed income and sometimes omit eating out in order to do so and enjoy the game..however, after getting a ton of shovels and using 50 gold bars of boosters, I quit at 1382...have now gone to playing the Monster games..

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?