Farm Heroes level 1851 Rancid. This level impossible without spending a LOT of gold. Unfair of King.

Options
Lin_Wake
Lin_Wake Posts: 1 Newbie

Level 1851 is an impossible level to pass without spending a lot of gold and money. There is no way of getting the score to go below 70 even for the most skilled player. You would have to buy not just one set of extra lives but several. This is a blatant way of getting us to pay out. totally unfair. Just about ready to quit this games and the ridiculously hard levels at this higher stage. 

Answers

• Lady_Choo
    Lady_Choo Posts: 25,036 Pet Rescue Moderator
    Options

Hi Lin, thank you for contacting King care.

You are actually the second person to have commented on this today and from what I understand, desite the hardness on release, it has actually been made harder since?

The idea isn't so much about making you pay gold, its all about the fact that you are a "super skilled" player. But really comes down to many people using boosters and then complaining that the levels are too easy and passing them all within an hour of release.

I am going to pass this on to the moderators too, as I passed another on earlier. Thank you so much for venting here. It really does help as the team will only hear feedback if emailed to them or posted on here and most people would just rather grumble away from here. 

Here is hoping they change it soon!

• Nix_O'Connell
    Nix_O'Connell Posts: 5 Level 2
    Options

I agree with Lin on this one. There is a difference between skill and having to pay your way to get through a level. If there are players who pay for boosters and extra lives and then complain that the levels are too easy, the developers should not adjust the game to a point where those who depend on skill alone to pass can no longer play. One has to keep in mind the psychology behind that "complaint" since individuals are merely patting themselves on the back in terms of their skill and not truly complaining about the game being too easy. If the developers wanted to make the game more difficult in light of such complaint one would have to limit the amount of boosters that could be used with a game but that may scare away paying gamers so this would not be a viable option. I think the developers should just be proud that they are doing a good job with the game and that people are enjoying playing it. Anyway, if a game is set up that it's impossible to pass without making any purchases, then I think it's only fair to make a statement to such effect right at the onset of the game so that an individual then has a choice as to whether they want to play the game or not. I am really disappointed with this.  

• Nix_O'Connell
    Options

I agree with Lin. 

• Lady_Choo
    Options

Hey Nix :)

Nix, I don't work for King, I am just  a community helper, so hey, I have to give the official line out. 

That being said, as a very addicted player it doesn't mean I have to believe everything they tell me either. 

You both make extremely valid points! Kings line that it is a free to play game is also valid too. They don't specify that its free to play in a timescale as actually, the boosters do build up daily. So you could pass the game a year later and yes its free. The idea of buying boosters is up to our discretion.

I do agree with them to the point of the fact they are trying to keep everyone happy and yet I don't think really it is all down to skill...as you can be skilful and yet still get a rubbish board. I'm only on 1726? I think, can't remember offhand without opening. The only reason I am so far behind when once I was top of the levels, is because I blog. And I adamantly refuse to lower myself to having to use boosters on videos because not everyone can afford to. I don't buy, mine have just built up with not being used, but I already compromised with having to make rubbish one star videos when it used to be 3 because they have changed the levels so much.  What's the point of watching a video where the videoer has every booster going? I may be behind but I have standards. If I want a better score then I use them ;)

As a blogger though I do know firsthand that King do listen to Feedback. Our community moderator has passed the feedback about this level on already (she confirmed this morning) The reason I know this is wheras I had every level videoed, now I don't. Some of them have been changed a dozen or more times since release. The easy ones get harder, the harder ones get harder then easier, and they switch them around and switch them around until they either end up with different requirements or end up with an easier board again. 

A lot of the hardness was brought in with the companions. It was better without in my opinon. As companions do not always help. You can have them on but not activate them sometimes if the crops needed are too low. But sometimes the boards lay themselves out better. Its like with Rancid and his hardness. I often find hard is more passable than the easy option. 

I really wish they would bring a back move into it. The amount of moves I make stupidly then kick myself. The move I am making decides to go a different way (as I drag rather than click) or I use a shovel on the wrong crop lol.

I get what you mean about the ones who buy their way through. That really bugs me. In my FB group if anyone mentions boosters not gained in the game (if you get what I mean, I don't want the spam filter to target me) they are warned and removed. I really cannot see how anyone can brag about being top of the levels or leaderboard without passing it legitimately. I have no problems with using 3 shovels as they can be bought with beans earned. Admittedly I have a fair few, mine have all been earned before FB started losing requests but they can be got. To me passing 15 levels on release day means nothing if they buy gold to do it. (Even better when I pass the level they spent the most on without even using a shovel and I share the video ;) ) What satisfaction does it get anyone? Me, I have been known to roll around like a lunatic after passing a level I have been on for months and it was soooo boring. That might not get me street cred but I feel accomplished.

Anyway, sorry, I rattled on. You both made good points that will be seen. 

I don't know if you have seen this link? Voice of the player. One of our moderators is going to take it to the studio so that is the better thread to comment on. Its a trade off though. For everything bad, we have to write something good. We don't want the studio to think we hate the game they clearly love. (Personally I think its a whole team of Rancids) and ultimately we do love it because otherwise, why are we complaining?

Have a farmtastic day and may your levels be kinder! :)

• MarkHawk
    MarkHawk Posts: 4,061 Community Manager
    Options

Hi guys,

Thanks for posting your feedback here on King Care. I've read through your comments and I agree with you on the aspect of when a level gets so difficult that it takes the fun away from playing.

As Chicken Slayer mentions; I'd like to get your feedback on this thread: https://care.king.com/en/farm-heroes-saga/voice-of-the-player-if-you-are-an-avid-farm-hero-fan-then-id-love-to-hear-from-you - this way I can carry your message to the Game Studio for Farm Heroes Saga.

- Mark

• Babongo
    Babongo Posts: 72 Level 3
    Options

I have reached 1851 (PC), and it is brutal.   Without purchasing any boosters other than shovels, I have not been able to achieve anything lower than 330 after about 50 plays.  Not even half way there.    I'd like to earn and apply some "Farm Club Rewards", but King stopped developing them at level 1110.   To add insult, the last one, "Manticore" is defective.  "Donkey" is also defective.   If they are adding levels, but not developing the "Farm Club Rewards" through those new levels, the game seems incomplete.

• Lady_Choo
    Options

Yeah I think it was about a year ago I first mentioned the manticore, but because the game can be played without helpers it wasn't classed as high priority. They WILL fix it, just its not a priority. They recently "fixed" an issue I didn't even know we had, where you could shovel away a seed. Now it just grows it. So you know, they do pay attention, just have more urgent ones first. At least the manticore helps grow even if he doesn't throw :)

And yes the companions are on hold. I don't know why they don't just have one more set to get rid of the ?? marks :)

• Wendy_Woo
    Wendy_Woo Posts: 10 Level 2
    Options

Nix, I don't work for King, I am just  a community helper, so hey, I have to give the official line out. 

That being said, as a very addicted player it doesn't mean I have to believe everything they tell me either. 

You both make extremely valid points! Kings line that it is a free to play game is also valid too. They don't specify that its free to play in a timescale as actually, the boosters do build up daily. So you could pass the game a year later and yes its free. The idea of buying boosters is up to our discretion.

I do agree with them to the point of the fact they are trying to keep everyone happy and yet I don't think really it is all down to skill...as you can be skilful and yet still get a rubbish board. I'm only on 1726? I think, can't remember offhand without opening. The only reason I am so far behind when once I was top of the levels, is because I blog. And I adamantly refuse to lower myself to having to use boosters on videos because not everyone can afford to. I don't buy, mine have just built up with not being used, but I already compromised with having to make rubbish one star videos when it used to be 3 because they have changed the levels so much.  What's the point of watching a video where the videoer has every booster going? I may be behind but I have standards. If I want a better score then I use them ;)

As a blogger though I do know firsthand that King do listen to Feedback. Our community moderator has passed the feedback about this level on already (she confirmed this morning) The reason I know this is wheras I had every level videoed, now I don't. Some of them have been changed a dozen or more times since release. The easy ones get harder, the harder ones get harder then easier, and they switch them around and switch them around until they either end up with different requirements or end up with an easier board again. 

A lot of the hardness was brought in with the companions. It was better without in my opinon. As companions do not always help. You can have them on but not activate them sometimes if the crops needed are too low. But sometimes the boards lay themselves out better. Its like with Rancid and his hardness. I often find hard is more passable than the easy option. 

I really wish they would bring a back move into it. The amount of moves I make stupidly then kick myself. The move I am making decides to go a different way (as I drag rather than click) or I use a shovel on the wrong crop lol.

I get what you mean about the ones who buy their way through. That really bugs me. In my FB group if anyone mentions boosters not gained in the game (if you get what I mean, I don't want the spam filter to target me) they are warned and removed. I really cannot see how anyone can brag about being top of the levels or leaderboard without passing it legitimately. I have no problems with using 3 shovels as they can be bought with beans earned. Admittedly I have a fair few, mine have all been earned before FB started losing requests but they can be got. To me passing 15 levels on release day means nothing if they buy gold to do it. (Even better when I pass the level they spent the most on without even using a shovel and I share the video ;) ) What satisfaction does it get anyone? Me, I have been known to roll around like a lunatic after passing a level I have been on for months and it was soooo boring. That might not get me street cred but I feel accomplished.

I don't know if you have seen this link? Voice of the player. One of our moderators is going to take it to the studio so that is the better thread to comment on. Its a trade off though. For everything bad, we have to write something good. We don't want the studio to think we hate the game they clearly love. (Personally I think its a whole team of Rancids) and ultimately we do love it because otherwise, why are we complaining?

I agree with the comments about people who buy their way out of a game, what's the point in that! I liken it to someone who decides to collect teapots, as a hobby, and goes out and buys 20 teapots. Collection complete, but absolutely no joy in going out scouring antique shops or flea markets for them. I also agree about the usefulness, or lack of, companions. I have often found it easier to play without, some are so pathetic, lobbing in a couple of manky crops from the sidelines when you've just played your last move :)Still stalled on 1851, just checking in each morning until they change it back to 400 crops, though 350 would be better!
  • Wendy_Woo
    Wendy_Woo Posts: 10 Level 2
    Options

It's fixed!! just 200 crops needed now, just passed it with one shovel---hurrah.

• Nix_O'Connell
    Options

Chicken Slayer - cool that you are not working for King, I was counting my words carefully. Anyway, you sound like my type of player that loves a challenge and doesn't buy your way out of it. In terms of the companions, sometimes I would use them others not, and you are right, sometimes the game is easier without them. Rancid I have always gone with the "free" option because I noticed that the games are easier. I actually noticed that the more spades and boosters you take into the game the more difficult it becomes. It seems to adjust to what you bring to the board so very often I take as little as possible into a game. Aaaah yes, using the shovel on a wrong crop - been there and done that quite often, very frustrating :) Anyway for now I have blocked the game out of pure frustration. Maybe in a couple of weeks I'll go back in to check whether the level has been changed but I'm just really irritated right now. Very frustrating!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?