Gameroom and Farm Heroes issues

Options
Lady_Choo
Lady_Choo Posts: 24,507 Pet Rescue Moderator

I haven't been able to play FHS for days using gameroom. Its driven me nuts. First it said that flash wouldn't work as I didn't have it installed when I knew I did. It seems that was a known issue from one of @Xarly's posts I saw earlier. 

A lot of googling and it seems many have the same issue and then I came across a random post on a microsoft forum. It seems the newest windows update has caused incompatibility issues with gameroom. I uninstalled gameroom and then could not reinstall as it said it couldn't validate the files. This is how I got it working.

Find the download in the download folder for gameroom. Right click on it. Choose troubleshoot compatibility and follow the prompts. I chose it wasn't working with this version of windows, the options it gave me didn't list windows 10 so I used 8. It ran the fix, I clicked test it now, it installed the file, gameroom opened. 

I suspect windows might at some point update with the fix but at least it works now.  If you are having the same issue, try it :)

Best Answer

• Xarly
    Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks for sharing the tip with all the others Chicken Slayer! Although Gameroom is not a platform that we actively support, it is true that some of our players (like yourself) use it. Hopefully with this tip we can also help others with the same issue get back in the game!

Cheers,

Xarly

Answers

• Xarly
    Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks for sharing the tip with all the others Chicken Slayer! Although Gameroom is not a platform that we actively support, it is true that some of our players (like yourself) use it. Hopefully with this tip we can also help others with the same issue get back in the game!

Cheers,

Xarly

• PummyRaj
    PummyRaj Posts: 33,081 Candy Moderator
    Options
    Hello!

For me, it's opposite.  Farm Heroes loads on Game Room (very quickly) BUT not on Facebook on windows or Edge.  I think I have windows 8.  When I try to open the game on either of them, I get the notification of "Flash" not installed.  I allow the windows to download, etc., etc., It keeps giving me the same each time!!  But, no issue on Game Room either to collect the Daily Bonus or to play the levels.
  • Lady_Choo
    edited November 2018
    Options
    @Pummy_Raj do you play on google chrome at all? I wonder if Edge is going the same way as chrome. They are trying to phase out flash, so now everytime we want to use it we have to allow, which only saves until we close the browser. Click where it says get here and it should bring up the allow permissions box. By 2020 we won't be able to use it at all so I am hoping that the FHS team have something in place for that. 
  • PummyRaj
    Options
    Hello @Chicken_Slayer!

Yes, I do play on Google Chrome.  But, the problem is, each time I open the game on Chrome (either I log out of Facebook OR shutting down my PC), I will have to download the "Flash".  The game takes a very long time to load on Edge for me... if it does, I get the "No Flash" message.  Hence, do not even try on Edge.

But in Game Room, I do not have any of these issues.  Never had this before, it only started few months ago.  I thought the problem is on my end!  Since you have mentioned, thought I would share my experience too O.o  
  • Lady_Choo
    Options
    Pummy_Raj said:
    Hello @Chicken_Slayer!

Yes, I do play on Google Chrome.  But, the problem is, each time I open the game on Chrome (either I log out of Facebook OR shutting down my PC), I will have to download the "Flash".  The game takes a very long time to load on Edge for me... if it does, I get the "No Flash" message.  Hence, do not even try on Edge.

But in Game Room, I do not have any of these issues.  Never had this before, it only started few months ago.  I thought the problem is on my end!  Since you have mentioned, thought I would share my experience too O.o  
    I have the same so I know exactly what you mean :)
    You shouldn't have to download flash though, you should just be able to click on get flash which will bring up the box shown here and click on allow :

• PummyRaj
    Options
    Hello @Chicken_Slayer

First of all, Very Sorry for my delayed reply.  And Thanks a lot for coming back, taking time & explaining it in detail.  That's very nice of you :+1:   

Sorry, I got confused & if I confused you too.  Yes, that's what it is!!  BUT the problem FOR me is, I have to repeat this "Allow" thing every time after I restart the computer / log-out & log-in to the game. 

And, also I have noticed "The Daily Bonus" will start from Day 1 when I open it on the Chrome -- means even when I have collected the Bonus for 20 days on Game Room & I open the game in Chrome on the 21st day, it will not be 21 but day 1 :(

That is another reason I am not playing / collecting on Chrome!  Not sure whether it is a glitch for me or if anybody else have this issue!!!   

** Hope I have not confused you :-?
  • Lady_Choo
    Options
    Pummy_Raj said:
    Hello @Chicken_Slayer

First of all, Very Sorry for my delayed reply.  And Thanks a lot for coming back, taking time & explaining it in detail.  That's very nice of you :+1:   

Sorry, I got confused & if I confused you too.  Yes, that's what it is!!  BUT the problem FOR me is, I have to repeat this "Allow" thing every time after I restart the computer / log-out & log-in to the game. 

And, also I have noticed "The Daily Bonus" will start from Day 1 when I open it on the Chrome -- means even when I have collected the Bonus for 20 days on Game Room & I open the game in Chrome on the 21st day, it will not be 21 but day 1 :(

That is another reason I am not playing / collecting on Chrome!  Not sure whether it is a glitch for me or if anybody else have this issue!!!   

** Hope I have not confused you :-?
    Sorry, I just saw this. Yes it is a chrome change and it is really annoying now. It only saves until you restart as you have discovered. 

As to the daily bonus. I know some players do seem to have issues with it. I always try to open it as close to the time as I can that it changes over each day, and that way seems to work. I think mine is about 11pm which is quite late, but as long as I get it early the next day, it shows. It might be worth trying that? 
  • PummyRaj
    Options
    Hello again @Chicken_Slayer :)

That's completely alright  :+1:  

Will try your way and see!!  Hope it works for me too (fingers crossed)  =)
  • Lady_Choo
    Options
    How is it going @Pummy_Raj? I am having to allow flash on every site that uses it and its so irritating. Besides that and the having to accept cookies on every site I look at even if its not game related, this new privacy thing is a pain :O 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?