Level 509

Options
cmc3028
cmc3028 Posts: 1 Newbie
looking to get three stars on level 509. Have beaten it with two stars and super close to 3 but can’t manage it for some reason. Driving me crazy! Any tips?

Comments

• abe_coffee
    abe_coffee Posts: 1,976 Level 5
    Options
    it can be a challenge to get 3 stars on level 509
    approximate range ... 13380 will get 2 stars ... 16632 3 stars
    had to use barney and get about 9000 on the first turn to reach 16632
    the quit button will come in handy
    good luck
  • deercroft
    deercroft Posts: 20 Level 2
    Options

will have to check what barney is

have played to just over 16000 and only 2 stars

• abe_coffee
    Options

for those unfamiliar with barney:

Vampire Barney is a helper that becomes active at level 321

... it adds 3 gold tiles to the starting board

... each gold tile in a word doubles the score for that word

... for example the score for a word with 3 gold tiles is multiplied by 8(2x2x2)

... when you get 3 stars on every level from 321-365 then 5 gold tiles show upon the starting board when barney is selected

• deercroft
    Options

I have 3 stars on every level from 1 to 920 except levels 509, 512, 513, 568, 600 and 622 (2 stars for all those)

I can't recall Vampire Barney but seem to remember some gold tiles a long time ago but I have played 1000s of times and not seen them recently, despite having 3 stars from 321 to 365.

Are the gold tiles temporary?, i.e. do you have to do 3 stars on levels 321 to 365 over and over to get the gold tiles again and again? How often do the gold tiles appear in levels going forward from 365?

• abe_coffee
    Options

you get 3 stars on levels 321-365 only once for each level ... from then on when barney is available and you select barney then the starting board for that level will have 5 gold tiles(a few levels do not have room for 5 golds tiles, but it is rare)

your list of levels is similar to a "consensus" of other players

you did amazing things to get 3 stars on most levels without using barney

tough to get 3 stars

1) 115

2) 464

3) 600

4) 512

• deercroft
    Options

Thanks -- will lookout for Barney!

One time I also got about 70 or 80 moves on one level. Really easy to get 3 stars then.

Was that a software error or is this some kind of hidden bonus that comes up from time to time? Never happened again for me.

• abe_coffee
    Options

there are some levels with a generous number of levels ... most likely it is not a mistake

over time moves are added to many levels ... which is much appreciated by players

• deercroft
    Options

I have obviously been playing Alphabetty the hard way--haven't know about helpers until today! Thanks!

• deercroft
    Options

23760 finally using vampire barney

had gold tiles on high value letters like z

• abe_coffee
    Options

congrats ... you are going to have a lot of fun with barney ... enjoy

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?