Why does my game keep closing/crashing when I try to access my rewards from the barn?

Options
wendskc
wendskc Posts: 11 Level 2

Every time I tap on the barn to access the rewards, the game keeps closing. This has happened since the most recent update.

Best Answer

• wendskc
    Answer βœ“
    Options

Hi everyone

thanks for all the help, problem seems to have resolved its self over the weekend!

@chicken slayer my IOS is 10.3.3 (my iPad doesn't update anymore as it's a 4th generation iPad)

happy farming

Answers

• Lotus_Flower
    Lotus_Flower Posts: 6,192 Level 5
    Options

Hello @wendskc

Please try the following steps and see if that corrects your problem.

• Close the game
    • Go to your settings and clear the cache of the game if using Android or clear the cache of your browser if using Apple
    • Turn the phone off and keep it off for at least 10 seconds.
    • Now turn it back on and log back into your game and see if that helped.

Let me know if you still have a problem.

• wendskc
    Options

Hi

I'm playing the game on my iPad and have tried your suggestions but without luck! Do you have any other ideas?

• bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 15,982 Candy Moderator
    Options

Hello @wendskc and welcome to our Farmtastic Community. I am sorry that is happening to you. You said this started happening since the last update - was that 5.40.3? I play on a mini iPad but am not experiencing that issue.

So you are referring to the rewards you get by collecting the different companions, correct? What level are you on? I honestly don't know what else to recommend. I am not having the same issue. It sounds like your game has a small glitch for some reason. Does everything else work OK? You get the daily rewards, can play levels, use companions etc.?

Sometimes the game just picks up a random glitch for some reason. Are you saving your game progress by either playing via FB or King.com? I will bring this up to one of the CMs, but they are off for the weekend so won't see this until Monday. The only other thing I can think of is to de-install and re-install the game - but you would lose all your boosters and any saved lives, which are stored locally on your device. But your gold bars and beans and anything you actually purchased should be saved, as well as your progress (as long as you play via king.com or FB).

What I recommend is don't access the barn this weekend and keep playing the game and then on Monday we can see if the CM has any additional suggestions before you do anything as drastic as de-installing the game.

Good luck and have a Farmtastic weekend!

• wendskc
    Options

Hi

Thank you for fast response. The update is 5.40.3 and I'm on level 818. I save my game on Facebook but will wait until I hear from you on Monday before doing anything.

Have a super weekend too.

• SBH
    SBH Posts: 69,476 Level 5
    Options

Good Luck on New Levels @wendskc β€ΌοΈπŸ‘

• QueenB
    QueenB Posts: 13,660 Community Manager
    Options
  • Lady_Choo
    Lady_Choo Posts: 24,479 Pet Rescue Moderator
    Options

Just out of interest @wendskc which ios version do you have?

I updated mine last week...and since then I have had two none game related apps do exactly the same after they updated.

mines ios 13.5.1 .

• wendskc
    Answer βœ“
    Options

Hi everyone

thanks for all the help, problem seems to have resolved its self over the weekend!

@chicken slayer my IOS is 10.3.3 (my iPad doesn't update anymore as it's a 4th generation iPad)

happy farming

• Lady_Choo
    Lady_Choo Posts: 24,479 Pet Rescue Moderator
    Options

Ah I am glad it resolved itself 😊

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?