🏆 Claim your level milestone level badges level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000
Farm Heroes Saga is celebrating 10 years! 👩‍🌾🧑‍🌾
🎉🚜 Join the Live Virtual event on April 30! 🗓️

Dismissive support

Options
Terrio
Terrio Posts: 13 Level 2

Unbelievably Ridiculous!! I report an issue of losing lives and you respond with a generic (possibly automated) suggestion to follow 'App Update' instructions. Not all users are incompetent and most will be capable of trying the basic troubleshooting steps such as checking for app updates and they have network connectivity... IN ADDITION... the link suggests to uninstall then install again with a caveat that all lives will be lost... Which is the issue I was I initially reported ! 

..Now I have a new question.

Why do users that actually make the effort to report issues and provide feedback to an app developer receive disinterested / uncaring responses. When the feedback is providing information  in an attempt to support your app's stability and improve overall customer experience... Surely you are able to investigate / analyse the version I'm using against the latest release ?

When I 1st started report/ing issues or providing feedback to you guys the responses were personable and appropriate... The last few responses to my questions have been palmed off with a 'go check this link'.

Doesn't motivate or incite us to even bother... What's the point? 

Answers

• Lady_Choo
    Lady_Choo Posts: 24,479 Pet Rescue Moderator
    Options

Hey Terrio, One of two things. Either you are referring to my answer I gave you that you replied to yesterday? The one where I did address you by name? Or you mean the stupid automated emails that are sent out and work on key words, rarely help and then send you completely useful information that doesn't relate in any shape or form to your issue. Do you get the feeling I may have seen many of them emails myself? *rolls eyes* I once replied back and said it must be a bot because only a bot would answer me so stupidly. Only that time it wasn't. Oops. 

I am sorry you are dissatisfied with the help you are given but please let me explain how it works 

The email support get a vast amount of emails everyday and cannot reply to every single one, so they do have bots that scan and reply, and supposedly we are supposed to be able to tell they are. Although I haven't seen one yet say it is, its clearly automated. You reply and then get to a real person.  

King care is a little different. It was originally meant to be player led but it didn't work. The moderators also have other roles within King and couldn't be everywhere so they came up with the Superstar programme. We are volunteers. There are perks, but we don't get paid and therefore can be here, often a lot more than the official moderators and at funny times too. For instance now, the team are not around, its the weekend and 8pm in my country. But here I am. Not automated too I might add although my poor Husband does think I prefer King care to talking to him sometimes (and that is not true either :) )

You would be surprised how many times a player actually doesn't know how to do the basics. In fact judging by the responses, I would say its easily 90% or more that don't know or haven't tried. Most of them don't even realise they could access help by looking at the help articles or reading other peoples posts. Not everyone is computer literate. Mr Slayer leaves all that up to me. I leave the gardening up to him. We all have our talents. 

So we come along and irritate you with our responses. I promise that isn't my intention. See what happens is I post the link to your issue to the moderator. Now if I just tell you I am passing it on and do that, the first thing he will come back and says is "have they tried the troubleshooting". So me asking you to do that first, rules out that. Why does it rule that out? Because obviously you have tried it previously as you know how to do that. Are you aware though that in many cases that it might be a device issue? Or something gone a little screwy from an update? Yes you will lose boosters and we always try to prevent that. BUT the boosters are saved on your device memory and not the game. 9/10 times reinstalling the game will fix this, but because the game has been wiped, so have the boosters in the memory. Often if players have tried this because there has been an issue and are polite, then we will ask the team if they could give a little compensation because its not the players fault their device played up for them. 

The thing is if we don't ask you to try all this and you are the only player reporting issues, or maybe the first. The studio WILL NOT accept it as a possible issue because of the reasons I have given you, they will tell the KC team to ask you to try it first, and if it carries on, ask you for further info such as device, OS, app version etc etc. So I get the questions are irritating and robotic, but its really the quickest way to tell them there is an issue. 

Which brings me to the links. I could waffle on and on as I have here, or I could give shorter replies to the links you need that saves us both time, you for reading, me for helping the many others waiting. We're trying to get answers quicker than we have so we have many links bookmarked for easiness, time and finger ache ;)

Sorry for the long novel. The upshot of it is we do care, bot emails not so much, but we do have a protocol to follow :)

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?