πŸ₯‡First positions in the Royal Championship? Share your screenshot and collect your badge!

Royal Championship - What do you think?

Options

Comments

• jjac272903
    jjac272903 Posts: 1,083 Level 3
    Options

@Leanna_Allen πŸ€— Thanks girl. I will let you know. πŸ˜‰

• NamTruong2001
    NamTruong2001 Posts: 4,230 Level 5
    Options

What's Slot Machine? I didn't get it.

• Leanna_Allen
    Leanna_Allen Posts: 1,169 Level 3
    edited June 2020
    Options
  • jjac272903
    jjac272903 Posts: 1,083 Level 3
    Options

Yep. Seen it just now. Whats that about anyway? Thats a rhetorical question. 🀐

• dc2015
    dc2015 Posts: 186 Level 2
    Options

Once again my opponent gets all the moves. This round of RC is killing me I'm trying so hard to win at least 1 round.

• NamTruong2001
    NamTruong2001 Posts: 4,230 Level 5
    Options

When they really get a best move, I quit. πŸ™‚

• dc2015
    dc2015 Posts: 186 Level 2
    Options

Once again my opponent has all the moves and I struggle to make one to spread the jelly.

• ClarenceBeaks
    ClarenceBeaks Posts: 58 Level 2
    Options

haha no pressure. OK - I'm totally open to crowd sourcing the best name for a general chat thread, off the top of my head:

1. Royal Championship Candy Chat
    2. Royal Championship General Chat, Tips and Thoughts
    3. Royal Championship Jelly Jibber Jabber

Those that care, say which you like or offer an alternative!

• ClarenceBeaks
    ClarenceBeaks Posts: 58 Level 2
    Options

I do follow what you're saying and it's an interesting idea, not one I've considered. I've thought that delays in matching players is simply a function of how many players are online at the time, but the idea that you are being matched up for a somewhat rigged game is plausible.

There's too much to write about here, but I've been trying to figure out the model that this game uses and the extent to which games are rigged. I come from a background of many years playing poker online (profitably) and I'm well used to losing players moaning about the game being rigged by the site in some way. It never is - it makes no sense for a poker site to rig their games, they make money whenever people are playing and fewer people would play on a rigged site. What people don't understand is probability and variance, these are the mathematical terms for luck. I have played enough of this game to know that either the game is rigged in some way or the element of luck is a large proportion. I lean towards a conclusion of rigged given skilled players are able to get streaks of over 10, something that would be near impossible in a heavily luck-based game.

Of course, we should consider the motive for rigging the game and clearly there is one, to tempt players to spend gold bars to keep streaks or buy more tickets.

GIven all of this I wonder how they implement the rigging - either as suggested through certain boards being allocated to players say on a 6/7 streak, or some algorithm that makes more of a certain candy colour drop. Here's a bit of maths you may not want to read about...feel free to skip if so!

When candies drop there is a probability on what colour they will be. On a board with just 5 coloured candies, the probability that a certain colour dropping is 0.2 or 20%. You can use this to calculate the chance of certain board make ups following a move. I play according to these numbers, take chances sometimes when the potential payoff is high enough.

My guess is there something about the colours on your side and the propencity for certain colours to drop is where something fishy is happening. I see it on both sides - when I am building up a streak say 8 or 10 games, I play like god and I watch my opponent get an awful board. When it comes to the 6/7 streak I hope for some newbie or make creative plays to try and beat my weak starting position.

There's no moan here, I try to optimise my play based on the model of the game. I have noticed this round that the numbers of candies required to activate boosters/blockers varies between games - I've no understanding of why this would be the case, it makes it much more random and much less playable.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?