๐Ÿฅ‡First positions in the Royal Championship? Share your screenshot and collect your badge!

Royal Championship - What do you think?

Options

Comments

• ClarenceBeaks
    ClarenceBeaks Posts: 58 Level 2
    Options

A quick update on my experiment - I decided that a four day tournament was not the right time to try out waiting for a final 24 hrs registration (too much missed RC play!) so I entered on my second device a bit before half way through. As suspected there's no serious players in my 30 and I made it easily to the top in my first batch of games and now have a clear margin I doubt I'll be caught on.

In my other game I'm running pretty well and although against someone who bought extra tickets/ 24hrs I'm not far behind them, so I'm interested to see if they keep buying or this four day thing evens it out over the 24hr unlimited players. It's been a while since I got two firsts, I'm hopeful now but someway to go.

Conclusion: if you want an easier league, delay your entry to RC for as long as you can bear!

• alsto40
    alsto40 Posts: 455 Level 3
    Options

I hadnโ€™t even had one move yet!!! And you can easily see I donโ€™t have the candy gods on my side. Yep totally fair!! Needless to say I left before they got their perfect game. ๐Ÿคฌ I did get to green peacock today!! Not sure if I ever made it to that one or not.

• alsto40
    alsto40 Posts: 455 Level 3
    Options

One thing I have notice on several different games is it seems like they give the opponents score a huge boost there at the end. For example... the game I just lost... I was winning 39-24. The opponent ended making a match with a wrapped candy. There was only 4 spaces without jelly. As soon as the made the match their score jumped to 36 and their next move won the game.

• Leanna_Allen
    Leanna_Allen Posts: 1,169 Level 3
    edited June 2020
    Options

A lot of times I have a low score until the end. I set up jellies (if I have time) to make special jelly and win. I have come back to win when opponent only has one move left to win. I usually won't waste a cage if their lolly is already activated. Once that is activated I cage them. ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ I lose a lot too...but it seems like it's pretty even with me getting lucky and my opponent getting lucky. Sometimes there is no way for them to win and sometimes no way for me to win. In my opinion if you are playing all the way to the end of moves that is a good game. Unlike someone winning after 4 moves...which I have done and my opponent has done. My problem is just getting bored playing the same boards over and over...As I have said before. Sometimes you use skill and sometimes it's just pure luck...for you or your opponent. I would use the example of a gambling game again but it seems people didn't understand those examples...๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• Leanna_Allen
    Options

This happens to me all the time too... Opponent gets lucky...But I got lucky on the board below. This happening has been pretty even to me. Personally I don't think it's unfair...Just the luck of the shuffle ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

• Leanna_Allen
    Options

@jjac272903 perfect example of "blackjack" I was trying to explain...I thought I was "dealt" a winning game...Two color bombs ready to be made. Opponent won in 4 moves... Understand a little better?

• Leanna_Allen
    Options
  • ClarenceBeaks
    ClarenceBeaks Posts: 58 Level 2
    Options

Well done @Leanna_Allen ! I've never made it that far ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ‘๏ธ

• Leanna_Allen
    Options

@ClarenceBeaks thanks guy!! It's been many of moons since I have. Weird because I haven't really played much this time. Just in spurts...When I'm playing non stop it seems like I can't get past the starburst ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ Maybe the full moon brought me luck? ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

I can never sleep at night during a full moon...๐Ÿ˜ญ Usually @headoperations is the only one up from the US talking to me ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Leanna_Allen
    Options

I'm being nice and letting people win that have a streak going to advance...๐Ÿ˜

I could have smashed them with my striped lolly 2 plays ago...๐Ÿ˜‰

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?