🥇First positions in the Royal Championship? Share your screenshot and collect your badge!

Offensive Username

Options

Comments

• pillow6
    pillow6 Posts: 1,086 Level 5
    Options

They must stop those offensive names. Offensive names are racist, and evil.

• holliedolly2002
    holliedolly2002 Posts: 120 Level 2
    Options

@NatalieG @Nikolaos_Prodromidis @Lady_Sarina

100% With Natalie on this its pure Racism and needs addressing. Lady Serena excuse my bluntness but never mind capital letters they are not insulting and neither are they the issue that screen name is the issue along with many others and its about time there was a way to track people down and stamp it out. With modern technology and all the revenue generated by King games they must be able to implement a system to track a player down. This is not just offensive it is illegal. We are way past the bad language names with this screen name it is Racist and should not be tolerated. It is a game a form of escapism and for a dedicated player like Natalie whom I might add never complains (unlike me!) to be talking about quitting the game then action needs to be taken. If Natalie does decide to take a break from the game then you can add Bullying to the Racism charge as well because that is what it amounts to. If a person of colour sees that name and then stops playing they have effectively been excluded from something they enjoy through fear that is Bullying. Natalie is dedicated not only to the game but to the community she stands up in defence of people and wont hear a bad word said about the game so I hope in view of all that her support is returned and this disgraceful individual is removed from playing. Natalie is speaking on behalf of any person of colour especially children so please lets all listen and try and find a resolution.

• NatalieG
    NatalieG Posts: 628 Pro Player 👑
    Options

@Nikolaos_Prodromidis,

So many people who have never experienced something like this don't know the toll it has on someone who has lived with this all their life. In school you have to be smarter, in work you have to work harder just to eke out a living when you have two or three degrees and someone over you doesn't have even one. I never let it stop me. You are passed over a promotion you are qualified for because of your skin color time and time again. I had a strong Mother who taught me self worth. My Mother used to work two or three jobs to give us everything we needed and most of the things we wanted. She wanted to give us a better life but knew the odds were stacked against us. As I stated before you are not born racist, you are taught to be racist, plain and simple!

I am so glad your son told you the true meaning of the word and sorry that you had to be exposed to a racist word like this. This is the most racist word a Black/African American can be called. When someone calls you this it's a warning to you that that person can be dangerous. Every Black/African American is taught this at some point in time. Especially our Black/African American young boys and men.

• holliedolly2002
    Options

@NatalieG @Nikolaos_Prodromidis @Lady_Sarina This is not acceptable to anyone especially Natalie. Its clearly cut very deep and brought back memories that I think she would prefer to forget. I know as does any logical person how terrible that word is but for Natalie growing up as a Black/African American she understands more than we ever will the impact of that word. This matter really does need to be escalated.

• Nikolaos_Prodromidis
    Nikolaos_Prodromidis Posts: 5,526 Level 5
    edited August 2022
    Options

@NatalieG @holliedolly2002

I am with you!

Zero tolerance to racism! Otherwise we go back!

I am sure that the tech tezm is going to find this "player" and do what is needed!

We also have to be more aware from now on!

• pillow6
    pillow6 Posts: 1,086 Level 5
    Options

So, time to let the offensive names be deleted.

• NatalieG
    NatalieG Posts: 628 Pro Player 👑
    edited October 2022
    Options

@Lady_Sarina,

@Nikolaos_Prodromidis,

@holliedolly2002 ,

This is truly getting more than I can truly take playing a game I love. Once again, I never thought I would encounter such bigotry, hatred and offensive usernames online playing a family oriented game. I know there are plenty online sites for bigotry and hatred, but I choose not to visit those sites. So, why are they a part of a family oriented game? You shouldn't be forced to see such bigotry, hatred and offensive usernames. You shouldn't be able to create names like this, letters like this, derivatives, and/or pseudonyms. I know you really can't change how people think, why they think like they do, it's learned behaviour. You have to teach a child bigotry and hatred. And for them to be able to spew such down right bigotry and hatred here is unbelievable. After all this reporting of these offensive usernames, something should be in place now to stop players from creating such a username. If King Games can create all these games for us to play on many platforms around the world, why isn't there something in place to stop this sort of behavior? Technology is far to advanced to let this behavior to be continued! I know the Studio has a tremendous task in keeping these games up and running properly, but isn't there something they could be doing to stop this behaviour?I understand players use different ways to play RC, but this still should not be able for players to create such names.

If any of you don't know what these three letters stands for it is ku klux klan. This group of racist bigots are responsible for killing African Americans/Blacks. Not just killing, lynching my people. They are still in existence today! And this screen name proves it.

As much as I LOVE to play RC, this is it for me! I hope I can remain in the Community without playing King Games, but if not, so be it. But the most important thing in all this, I am done! Sorry to say this but I can't keep exposing myself to this. Every time I see it, it takes my breath away. It reminds me of things my Grandparents and my Mother went through. More so every African American's extended family members went through. I chose not to visit hate and bigotry sites, so therefore I chose not to play these games. I recently purchased 24hr play and I chose not to even play those 24hr. I am done!

• Nikolaos_Prodromidis
    edited October 2022
    Options

@NatalieG you are right about all!

Unfortunately these people always return back again and again and again.....

However, it took me several minutes to understand the real meaning of these letters!

There are many people living outside the U.S. who really don't know the meaning of this......

• holliedolly2002
    Options

Hi @NatalieG and @Nikolaos_Prodromidis Hello both.

This is appalling it really does have to be stopped.

I live in the UK and if somebody used racially abusive words in real life in the UK then it would be classed as a crime. Why, because a person hides behind a computer is it not treated in the same way. The developers as Natalie states have this amazing ability to produce high quality games but do little or nothing to prevent the terrible screennames being generated. There have been countless posts on this subject I myself have complained previously but was told off for not being kind! @Nikolaos_Prodromidis as a moderator do you have access to people higher up the line of command or are you able to point @NatalieG and myself in the right direction so that we can try and put an end to this. When you join King, you enter your email address etc along with other personal info if this is not traceable then why do we need to do this. I suspect that King can trace people, but the tracing takes time and effort or more importantly money which is why they make no efforts to do so. It's bad enough using swear words but what @NatalieG has encountered is racial abuse and this has very clearly caused her huge upset. This is a game it's not a platform for racially abusive people to hide behind. As I said at the beginning of my post in the UK this is a criminal offence and needs to be stamped out. Answers please from anybody who can help with stopping this terrible upsetting behaviour. @NatalieG don't let this vile person win by stopping playing a game you love.

• Nikolaos_Prodromidis
    Options

@holliedolly2002, @NatalieG, I already reported the issue to a person higher in the line of command!

We wait for an answer! I agree 100% with both of you!!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?