Is your game crashing on an Android device?
While technical issues are very frustrating, the great news is that they are also generally quite easily fixed. The first thing we need to do is make sure that your device is running as smoothly as possible.
Checking for updates on your game and device
Ensuring that your device and the game app are the latest and most up to date versions is really important as it means that not only will your device run as smoothly as possible, but also that you can take advantage of the latest levels, features and promotions that we have released.
We’ve created this helpful video to guide you along the process, take a look!
If you’re already on the most up to date version of your game and operative system, or once you’ve updated them, and crashing still happens, we can perform the following actions:
Force closing your apps
There’s different way of doing this depending on your device’s make and model. You can either clear your device’s memory or through the application manager in your device’s settings.
Restarting your device
Again, it all comes to the make and model of your device.
There’s two generic ways for you to restart your Android device:
- Soft reset: press and hold down the power button for approx. 20 seconds. You should see your device turning off and back on.
- Hard reset: take off your device’s battery cover and remove the battery. Insert back the battery after approx. 30 seconds and turn your device on using the power button.
Checking the storage on your device
Make sure that you have sufficient free storage on your device, we normally recommend having at least 2GB free.
Reinstalling the game apps
If the previous steps haven't worked, then, as a last resort, we can try reinstalling the game. This will generally fix most other issues but before performing this step please be aware of the following:
- Back up your progress: make sure that your game progress is safely backed up to either Facebook or a King account. If you use Facebook then make sure the last level you played was while you were connected. If you don't use Facebook then make sure you have created a King account.
- NOTE! Lost boosters: this step will delete all of your saved boosters, extra lives and reset any extra features such as Daily Bonus or extra challenges that you have completed. These items and features are saved directly to the device's memory then reinstalling the game, unfortunately, clears them from your game. We will of course, replace any purchased boosters you may lose during this step, but we do not replace any lost free items which may have been won or awarded while playing. Please keep this in mind before performing this action!
Once you have backed up your game progress and considered the lost boosters, you can now uninstall the game. For this:
- Go to your device's Settings app
- Tap Apps or Application manager (this may differ depending on your device)
- Tap the app you want to uninstall
- Tap Uninstall
You can now reinstall the game app via the Google Play Store:
- Open the Google Play Store app
- Tap Menu and go to “My Apps and games” -> “All”
- Tap the game app you want to reinstall
- Tap Install
All that’s left to do is for you to log back in via Facebook or the King account to restore your game progress and Gold Bars.
If none of the above works, please be sure to check that your device is compatible with our games. You can find out more here
Still having a problem with your game? Why not ask other players for help in our Community? Here you can also discover our Community Superstars, competitions, off topic conversations and much much more! Simply go to the home page here and select the game you wish to explore.