🔥 Hot Right Now in Blossom Blast Saga 🌸
🐝 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000

Let's fill the Community with the most romantic love stories in history 🖋

Lola_Pop
Lola_Pop Posts: 12,016 Community Manager
Valentine's Day is around the corner and Blossom wants to celebrate this flowery day with y'all!

Our Superstars @firebombmarkus and @Elsa had a fantastic idea: let's share the most romantic stories! Parents, grandparents, great-grandparents...we know love never changes, but aren't old love stories the best?

Who wants to start sharing? 

Comments

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,683 Sweet Legend

I would love to participate in this but my mother's mother passed away before I was born. My grandfather remarried and they lived in New York and I was in Montreal. So no love stories there. My father's parents - my grandmother passed when I was very young and the woman that my grandfather married was so far from romantic. So unfortunately I never saw love visible from either grandparents. But then again, me being much older than most of the players here will have a much different story to share. Their grandparents are baby boomers, like me! Some might even be Generation X grandparents. 😀

I can't wait to read what others have to write here.

• Lola_Pop
    Lola_Pop Posts: 12,016 Community Manager

Hi @Elsa !

Thanks for sharing this. ❤️

It doesn't have to be someone in your family. Sometimes we know incredible stories that happened to friends, neighbors, etc. I can start by sharing a very short story I love. It's about my husband's grandparents, Pepita and Emiliano. They fell in love in a post-war Spain and had no money at all. Nevertheless, they got married and wanted to have a romantic honeymoon. So instead of traveling far away, by car, train or plane, my husband's grandpa bought and old tandem bicycle, his bride spent nights sewing a self-made tent, and off the cycled, spending the nights together in their tent, just stopping whenever and wherever they wanted along the way, for a week. I cannot think of a more romantic honeymoon!!❤️

After that, they lived for more than 60 years together, had 4 daughters (one was born dead), 4 grandchildren and 2 great-grandchildren. Pepita died in summer 2016, and Emiliano on Valentine's Day 2017. They wanted to spend Valentine's Day together!!❤️

I'll tag some bees who may want to share their stories, too: @debrichmond @lulu13 @firebombmarkus @Kuitty @Foley1362 @SabrinaM @Spinnifix @Chicken_Slayer @Avani_G @bearwithme @BQN537 @mysticalmysty @AndeeW @PummyRaj @JL0  @baranyia18 @Hibiscustea @escuadrón @Mahiveche @KitKathySuzyQ @Hippyflowermoonchild @mochamia @ACoddington1990 @Mim_ @debracall @zionlove @jessie81 @chaoscourtie @amberballentine @psybug @peepus @benisensei @Natashamarie234 @kaiser1618 @paul5473 @Breezy67 @christine88 @Rancid @wafercookieflippers @DeepshikhaSharan @FaRayha @caylapalacios @GypsyWillow @Tanzanite26

• firebombmarkus
    firebombmarkus Posts: 13,110 Sweet Legend

Thank you for sharing these stories ❤️ @Elsa @Lola_Pop I also don't have to share a family love story. Hence, I decided to share the love story of a poet. Some of you might not know this, but I am a poet too 😊

This story is about Russian poet Vladimir Vladimirovich Mayakovsky. A lot of people know that Mayakovsky was desperately in love with Lilya Brik. But only a few people know the touching story about his love for Tatiana Yakovleva in Paris. They were completely different. She was elegant, refined, well-brought-up. He was vehement, thundering, living on the edge. And he was totally crazy about her, but neither his words nor his passion could touch her. In spite of his constant courting, her heart stayed cold and Mayakovsky had to return to Moscow. He dedicated a poem to her and... Legendary flowers.

Before departing, Mayakovsky remitted the whole honorarium from his performances to a famous Paris florist. In exchange, Mayakovsky required that a couple of times a week the company delivers to Tatyana a bouquet of the most beautiful and extraordinary flowers: hydrangeas, parma violets, black tulips, orchids, china roses, chrysanthemums, and asters. The company had a good reputation and strictly executed its duties. In spite of harsh weather, week by week, couriers brought Tatyana beautiful flowers with the message: ‘From Mayakovsky.’

He died in 1930. The company didn't have instructions to explain what to do in the case of the client’s death so the day after the poet had passed away, a courier appeared at Tatyana’s threshold as usual: ‘Flowers from Mayakovsky.’ She kept on getting flowers in the thirties, even though Mayakovsky had passed, and even in the forties when he had already been forgotten. In the years of WW II Tatyana had to sell the amazing flowers on a boulevard. It’s said that he had a love greater than death. The great love of the poet saved her from starvation.

Gradually these flowers became a Paris legend. Year after year — the tale of the ‘Flowers from Mayakovsky’ lived on. She watched how couriers grew old, how younger ones came to take their place. Everyone knew she was becoming a part of the great love story. Tatyana died in 1991. According to eyewitnesses, flowers were delivered even in the seventies.

• lulu13
    lulu13 Posts: 3,026 Level 5

@Elsa, Thank you for sharing your story, very sad. 😔 Sending you much love 💖

@Lola_Pop, That is one of the most romantic things i’ve heard in a long time. 🥰

Wow! @firebombmarkus I’m a little speechless. I didn’t know that story.😶

Wonderful thread guys! 🤩🌸

• lulu13

I will share a romantic story later. Till then, Ciao xoxo

• _Elsa_

Thanks both of you for sharing. I will come up with some story and post it later on today.

• Lotus_Flower
    Lotus_Flower Posts: 6,184 Level 5

Thank you for sharing those pieces of your heart @Elsa @Lola_Pop and @firebombmarkus .💕

They were all very touching.💓

• Lotus_Flower
    Lotus_Flower Posts: 6,184 Level 5

I always thought my parents story was sweet and romantic.   

Dad had recently finished his tour in the Navy and Mom had just graduated from college. They both went to visit relatives in Florida and then decided to stay and work for a few months. Dad was from Philadelphia, a true city boy. Mom grew up on a farm in rural North Carolina, a country girl through and through. They both got jobs and met each other in one of the huge resorts that used to flourish in Florida before the big theme parks took over. They met, fell in love, and eloped, all within a few months. 💞 Dad took Mom home with him to Philadelphia and introduced her to his family as the girl with Betty Davis eyes. 👀

• _Elsa_

I just read this love story on Google and I love it so I am posting it here as my contribution.

Bob Harvey first met Annette Adkins during study hall in 1955—and was immediately smitten. "I couldn’t take my eyes off her," Harvey told the New York Times. "She had auburn hair and a stunningly beautiful face and her eyes were just, wow." The two teens ended up going to prom together, but as many young relationships go, they lost touch after high school and married other people. Harvey never forgot about Adkins, though. In 2017, after his wife died, he searched for Adkins on Google and discovered she had also become widowed. He sent her a card with his phone number and after chatting for a bit, Harvey drove 500 miles to visit her, stopping only for gas and a bouquet of carnations. "I handed her the flowers, and then I cupped her face in my hand and said, 'Whether you like it or not, I’m going to kiss you,'" he recalled. In October, the high school sweethearts married at a '50s-style diner and danced to Johnny Mathis—just like they did at prom 63 years earlier.

• lulu13

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?