πŸ”₯ Hot right Now in Bubble Witch Saga 3 🌢
🌟 Star Cats Season 🌟
🎁 Win prizes and badges! Find out how HERE!

Some ads are ignoring my "Silent Mode" in IOS 15

Options
Toobusy
Toobusy Posts: 5 Level 2
edited August 2022 in Discussions

I play Bubble Witch 3 before going to sleep every night. I keep my phone in Silent Mode while I play so it doesn't wake my husband. Lately, there are ads that over run m Silent Mode and there is suddenly sound from the ad. It started with one Mahjong Ad then on to a different one and now it's a Yahtzee Ad. It wakes him up and that's not a good thing. I've been afraid to play the game before bed now. I could lower my phone volume so it doesn't do that but I will forget to bring it back up and my emergency contacts won't get thru to me at night (long story but some contacts are set to over ride the silent mode and let the phone ring). Is this a bug or is it intended? I've been playing this game for almost a year and this is the first time ads have had audio despite my silent mode being on. Thanks!

Comments

• PrettyBubbles
    PrettyBubbles Posts: 23,330 Bubble Witch Moderator
    Options

Hi @Toobusy Welcome to our friendly community it's lovely to meet you

Have you checked your in game volume is set to silent

Like so

You will see the two green sound buttons above the left one needs to have the x next to it πŸ‘β­

• Toobusy
    Options

Yes, it's set to silent. A

• PrettyBubbles
    Options

Thanks for checking @Toobusy I am thinking that as your ingame mode is set correctly it seems the issue is with your phone's silent mode

Are you not logging out of your game and closing it once you have finished playing as if so you shouldn't receive any adds until you next log on and open the game πŸ‘β­

• Toobusy
    Options

yes, I close the game but no, I don't log out of it. It only happens while I'm playing the game. When I run out of bubbles and need to ad 5 more by watching ads. There is just one ad that will have audio while all the others do not. Since the ads come up randomly, it can be anytime. Right now it's the Yahtzee Game app ad.

• PrettyBubbles
    Options

Ok @Toobusy as I was going by you saying that the add plays randomly during the night when you are not playing but if its whilst you are playing then it may be the condition of a particular add that you need to hear in order to receive your free bubbles πŸ‘β­

• QueenB
    QueenB Posts: 13,660 Community Manager
    Options

Hi @Toobusy πŸ˜ƒ

We passed on your issues to the studio, and they have informed us that this is something they can look into and see how it can be improved.

It might take a little time, so please make sure you do not miss out on any updates in the future πŸ‘

In the meantime, I would recommend playing with headphones on, and hopefully, this will get sorted soon πŸ™ŒπŸΌπŸ˜

• Toobusy
    Options

Believe it or not, I didn't even consider using headphones! Sometimes the obvious is hard to see.

I appreciate you passing this on.

Thank you!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?