🎁 Win prizes and badges! Find out how HERE!

Can't Update BW3 and other issues

Options
LadyJEsq
LadyJEsq Posts: 16 Level 2
Hello Community,

I've been having issues with BW3 over the last few weeks. It started with the loss of lives from friends. Just yesterday, I lost another 28+ lives. Then, after winning a race (see below), I didn't receive my rewards.The race was listed off to the side for days, and during that time, I was able to receive Maggie's rewards. Now, I've reached the end of the game (v 4.8.4.0) and it tells me that there are additional levels.I clicked "update" several times over the last two days and nothing happens. When I click "update" it closes out of the program and I wait a few minutes before opening again. I'm playing on my laptop, W10, and when I go to Apps and Features, I do not see any way to update the app from there. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Answers

• LadyJEsq
    LadyJEsq Posts: 16 Level 2
    Options
    Wow, such a helpful and welcoming community. *sarcasm*

Anyway, should anyone else have this problem, here's how I fixed it. I opened Microsoft Store. First I tried to update by clicking update on the BW3 app page. Unfortunately, this too, did nothing. Then I noticed that there was a notification at the top of the box, off to the right, which indicated that I had "Downloads and updates" available. I clicked on this 'icon' and it took me to a list of apps, which contained BW3. I noticed, that unlike some of the other apps, BW3 was listed as a download and not an update. I was apprehensive about just doing a download for fear that I would lose my place and my boosters. However, once the download was complete, it started me off at the next level and the only thing I lost were my lives, again! I still have the same version, but now, when I open the app, I see "2nd Anniversary." So maybe that's why I couldn't update. 

As I said, I hope this will help someone else out there since this community is anything but. 
  • Lady_Choo
    Lady_Choo Posts: 24,393 Pet Rescue Moderator
    Options
    I am so sorry @LadyJEsq there are many of us volunteers here, but sometimes it seems that we still fail so for that I apologise you have been missed. 
    Thank you for your solution to the issue, as you have found, sometimes games don't automatically download like they should. I find that on my phone a lot with various apps. 
    Are you connecting through Facebook for lives? They have an issue with connection at the moment and many games are being refused access to their facebook friends (facebooks side not King) but they are working on it. 
    Apologies again for the delay. 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?