I am a novice at playing games on a computer, is Alpha Betty level 163 solvable ?

Options
Lindaloo1947
Lindaloo1947 Posts: 3 Newbie

I am 72 years of age and enjoy the game. The process of finding words is good for my thought process. However, I am wondering if level 163 of the Alpha Betty games is solvable. I have spent 12 days trying to complete the level. I get as far as the nine letter word and the tiles just don't seem to "fall" in my favor. Three of the same letter across, lots of the letter z and many times not even a three letter word to be found. I've watched videos and looked at "help" sites, but I have come to the conclusion the tiles are randomly generated and I may not live long enough to get to level 164. LOL 

Best Answer

• Alessandro_S
    Alessandro_S Posts: 314 Level 4
    Answer ✓
    Options

You will :)

Strategy for 163 is to keep getting 4-letter words (unless you get easy 6 or 8's), each of which will put a crown on some letter.

Each letter with a crown counts as as 2, so at some point a 5 or a 6-letter word will be sufficient to achieve 9s or remaining 8s.

Keep at it and good luck!

Answers

• Alessandro_S
    Alessandro_S Posts: 314 Level 4
    Answer ✓
    Options

Strategy for 163 is to keep getting 4-letter words (unless you get easy 6 or 8's), each of which will put a crown on some letter.

Each letter with a crown counts as as 2, so at some point a 5 or a 6-letter word will be sufficient to achieve 9s or remaining 8s.

• Lindaloo1947
    Lindaloo1947 Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options

Thank you !

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?