Too many *c z x* on Danish version

Options
jgt
jgt Posts: 5 Level 2
edited September 2019 in Support
why are there so many letters of c x z in the Danish version, these letters are rarely used in Danish

Answers

• QueenB
    QueenB Posts: 13,686 Community Manager
    Options
    Welcome to our Community @jgt 😀

I can't tell you for sure, but I'll make sure you're feedback gets passed on to the Studio.

Sometimes you can be unlucky and get loads of x c z etc but not every time you play. A tip is also to use the Eskimouse as the helper. It takes away two rare letters.

Hope this helps :)

• abe_coffee
    abe_coffee Posts: 1,976 Level 5
    Options

some levels appear to get more uncommon letters than other levels
    @QueenB made a good suggestion ... Eskimouse removes at least one uncommon letter in the English version
    the studio will have to provide more info on Eskimouse and uncommon letters in Danish

until they respond ... here is one gametime approach
    1) try to create crowns with the uncommon letters
    2) try to create 8-way blasters with the blank tile you get when using Eskimouse
    3) try to make the blank tile the last letter of the long word so it can be played on the next word
    4) try to create a blaster that will hit multiple uncommon letters
    5) use the quit button if you cannot blast uncommon letters right away

Gregg has some good ideas:
    Gregg’s 10 rules for owning AlphaBetty:

Don’t waste your time playing a board that doesn’t give you a strong opening move.
        If you haven’t made significant progress in 3 or 4 moves, quit the game.
        Immediately quit any game in which a move stealer activates.
        Remember: Whoever said “Winners never quit, quitters never win,” never played AlphaBetty.
        Prioritize your targets (vines, stones, letters, bubbles, etc.). Each type of game has higher and lower priority targets.
        Create-move-deploy line blasters to support those priorities.
        Learn from your losses. If there’s a common thread, (i.e., not getting rid of stones you have to clear, not making the long words in a word list, etc.) consider your options and make changes.
        If you struggle with a level, play the mouse that gives you extra moves.
        If you struggle with a level and the mouse you’re playing gives only 1 extra move, consider upgrading it to 2 extra moves (go back and get 3 stars in all the levels that mouse covers).
        To maximize your score in a game in which you have unneeded moves, consider the total point value of used versus unused moves.

• jgt
    Options
    Thanks for the replies, I look forward to doing a better translation in Danish, but you can see the positive in it that we have even bigger challenges as there are many to the letters we do not use in the Danish language, it would be equivalent for you to make words in English with our letters Æ, Ø, Å

translated by google
  • abe_coffee
    edited September 2019
    Options
    I understand your point ... and it is a good point

from google:
    "The Danish and Norwegian alphabet, called the Dano-Norwegian alphabet is based upon the Latin alphabet and has consisted of the following 29 letters since 1917 and 1948. The letters c, q, w, x and z are not used in the spelling of indigenous words."

to be clear ... c q w x and z are part of the Danish alphabet, correct?

we may not see a reply from the studio on the weekend ...

• jgt
    Options
    yes they are in the Danish alphabet but are very very rarely used, unlike the English language.
  • abe_coffee
    Options
    that is unfortunate ... you may be at an extreme disadvantage
    am not fond of multiple qu x and z in the English version

• jgt
    Options
    Some of the courses I have to solve in English as they are completely impossible to solve in Danish
  • abe_coffee
    Options
  • abe_coffee
    Options
    ouch ... Typo from autocorrect 😯
  • Crazy Cat Lad
    Crazy Cat Lad Posts: 14,123 Community Manager
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Hi @jgt !

I understand your issue, but since the C, W, X and Z are used in some Danish words they do appear in the Danish version as well.

However, the letters are rarely used like you mentioned and just like in all the Scandinavian language game versions they usually should not drop down so often.

At times though they come more frequently, but this is deliberately to make some levels a bit more challenging.

Check these links with all words that are accepted in Danish with the "hard" letters: 

Danish words with C 
    Danish words with W
    Danish words with X
    Danish words with Z

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?