🔥 Hot right Now! 🌶
🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

My game screen got smaller. How do I expand it?

Options

Answers

• bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 15,981 Candy Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

As promised -here is an update to this issue:

The studio made the decision to remove the landscape mode on Win10 with the last release. Earlier they had support for the landscape layout on Windows 10 however, lately less scenes and events support that layout so they made the difficult decision to force the layout to portrait for all players. There is no plans to revert back to landscape at this time.

I know this not what a lot of players want to hear, but unfortunately that is the decision of the studio.

I don't play on a PC but on mobile devices and I have always had to play the game in portrait mode.

Good luck and Happy Crushing! 😊

• Kathie_Garner
    Kathie_Garner Posts: 5 Level 2
    Options

My got larger. I need help to resize it to a smaller balls, It looks like I am 5 inches from the computer screen.

• petsitter
    petsitter Posts: 5 Level 2
    Options

When I open Candrush I have a full screen, but when I go to the map or events, all I have is a small screen in the middle of the page and it's hard to play the game due to my vision problems. It's not my laptop. Have there been changes to the map size layout?

• DieOmimi
    DieOmimi Posts: 37,499 Friends Moderator
    edited January 2023
    Options

Hi @petsitter welcome to our community. You are here at Candy Crush Friends Saga.

There were no changes to the layout of our game.

I also play Candy Crush and have the game on my mobile device and on my laptop. Again, I can't see any changes to the layout.

Do you have a screenshot where you can show what it looks like for you?

Please have a look at my screenshots:

1. when I open Candy Crush

2. when going to events.

For me, everything is big and clear. What does it look like on your screen? My laptop is 17 inches and yours?

• MountainMom
    MountainMom Posts: 10,754 Friends Moderator
    Options

Hello @Kathie_Garner, This issue occurred with a number of players in 2020 and was resolved. If it is occurring again, perhaps you can use the 2020 suggestion from @wykoon on how to temporarily change your screen size. It was intended to help players increase the size of their screens -- perhaps it can also be used to reduce the size of screens:

Change display of your laptop/PC

1. Click "Start" and choose "Control Panel".
    2. Click "Appearance and Personalization" then "Adjust screen resolution".
    3. Select from one of the three sizes: Small, Medium or Large. Small does not change the size of any text or item. Medium increases text and items by 25 percent. Large increases the text and items by 50 percent.
    4. Click "Apply".

Hopefully, the above temporary method will help you view the screen smaller.

• petsitter
    edited January 2023
    Options

Thank you for your reply but the problem was clearly related to my particular download programe. This computer generated game can change with every new download, from the cost of the piggy bank, the increased amount of hard and super hard levels, especially on the lower levels, the level on which you get your introductory 50 gold bars, etc.etc. So I uninstalled my game (losing my inventory and gold bars) and the re-installed game does not have the same problem. It also has an introduction of collect yellow rabbits . thanks anyway

• DieOmimi
    DieOmimi Posts: 37,499 Friends Moderator
    edited January 2023
    Options

@petsitter, the studio is constantly working to make the game more interesting and enjoyable. It can therefore happen again and again that after each update the game has a slightly different look. 

Changes are also made to levels if there were errors in individual levels. For example, some time ago we had a mistake at many ingredient levels. The ingredients did not fall through the portals and got stuck, so that some levels could not be completed.

The studio will continue to customize the look and levels in the future.

If you reinstall your game, you will lose all boosters. Boosters and sent lives are stored locally on your device and cannot be recovered.

If you saved your game save before reinstalling (either with email address or via Facebook), you should see your current save game and gold bars after the reinstallation if you log in with the same account as before the reinstallation. Saves and Gold Bars are stored on King servers and you can access them from any device (if you play on multiple devices).

• petsitter
    edited January 2023
    Options

Thank you for explaining. It's good to know that the studio is constantly working to make the game more interesting and enjoyable as thousands of us thought the huge increase in hard and super hard levels recently introduced, especially in the lower levels, were to encourage customers to buy more inventory to increase your profit margins. But whilst you are working to make the game more interesting, is there any chance you could send Tiffi on a long holiday and replace her temporarily with a more mature and modern figure. She seems very outdated and childish nowadays.

• WafaaOkka
    WafaaOkka Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited January 2023
    Options

My game screen got smaller. How do I expand it

• MountainMom
    MountainMom Posts: 10,754 Friends Moderator
    edited January 2023
    Options

Hello @petsitter,

The following answer was given in another thread in the CCFS forum. I share it with you in case you are playing on a PC with Win10.

The King Studio made the decision to remove the landscape mode on Win10 with the last release of the game. Earlier they had supported the landscape layout on Windows 10; however, lately less scenes and events support that layout. Therefore, the Studio made the difficult decision to force the layout to portrait for all players. There are no plans to revert back to landscape at this time.

I know this is not what a lot of players want to hear, but unfortunately that was a decision of the Studio.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?