Comments

• rebelchild
    rebelchild Posts: 15,922 Level 5
    Options

@DaniTheOG thanks for the tag. I voted

• Pyrena
    Pyrena Posts: 5 Level 2
    Options

Yes, yes, yes!!! A chat function for teams would be amazing!! Dach’s Delivery Service could be successfully completed much more efficiently. And it would be easier to recognize inactive stream members.

Team chat FTW!!

• UncleBob2
    UncleBob2 Posts: 126 Level 2
    Options

I vote YES for this proposal of a chat room. As a DDS team leader, I think a chat room option would help team members coordinate more efficiently in completing the DDS .Team Tasks.

However, @DieOmimi does have a a good point on the language differences among team members making chat room communication difficult or impossible. Thinking about this problem, would it be possible to have a small set of preset “tags” that each team member could apply to each of the DDS Team Tasks that would then help the other team members know what tasks to focus on?

In order to implement this idea, I would propose a matrix where the rows are team players and the columns would be the 6 Team Tasks for that DDS delivery. Each player could enter in their row, one of the following symbols for each of the 6 Team Tasks:

”X” would mean “I absolutely CAN’T do this task.”

“!” would mean “I am ACTIVELY WORKING on this task!”

”*” would mean “I would PREFER TO WORK ON THIS TASK until it’s done.”

”+” would mean “I could HELP OUT ON THIS TASK whenever necessary.”

I know that this would help me as team leader choose which of the Team Tasks that are either impossible, difficult, or just unwanted by my team members, which I should then focus on whenever possible. And I think that other team members could also more efficiently direct their efforts to help complete Team Tasks if they could see what tasks other folks were doing, would prefer to do next, were willing to help out, or absolutely could not do at their Current Level in CCFS. Cheers!

• AnguaB
    AnguaB Posts: 3,833 Level 4
    Options

That's a really great idea that I also wanted to post. Since I don't have a facebook-account, I'm not able to communicate with the kiwis ... I'm in that team for years, but lost the fun in playing dachsi's delivery events since it is not really a team ... just a bunch of players with more or less the same goal

• ElenaVorona
    ElenaVorona Posts: 1,799 Level 3
    Options

I think that any attempt to distribute tasks among the players in a team and control it leads to the team's collapse.

Because the main motivation of the player is the desire to enjoy the game. If he can do whatever he wants in the game, then he plays with pleasure.

If the player constantly sees information (tags or information from the leader, for example) that he is needed to complete task No. 1, but he now wants to complete task No. 5, then this will put psychological pressure on the player. He will have to constantly choose between “I want” and “I must.” This is bad.

If there is a chat in the game, that's good. There are important things I can tell players in chat. (For example, if they do not log into the game for a long time, the game will automatically remove them from the team.) But I will not ask the players in the chat what task he can complete. Let him now perform the task he wants. In the end, all tasks will be completed anyway. Therefore, first each player completes the tasks that he wants. Then he will carry out the remaining tasks. Because a new Delivery will appear only after all six tasks of the previous delivery have been completed.

I want the players on my team to do what they want and have fun playing.

• AnguaB
    AnguaB Posts: 3,833 Level 4
    Options

Ok, I want to communicate and eventually strategize together but don't want to tell anybody what they have to do. But mostly communicate. Yes, Dachs deliveries are not really something to strategize on but it would be nice to know the members of the team

• ElenaVorona
    ElenaVorona Posts: 1,799 Level 3
    Options

@AnguaB

My post was not addressed to you personally. Don't take it personally.

I just saw this idea. I read a discussion of this idea. And I said what I think about it.

This is a good idea. I support this.

Many of us want the team to have a chat. But each of us wants to use chat for different needs. And that's okay.

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,691 Sweet Legend
    Options

I know that the Friends' studio is the best at implementing the community members' idea so I would like to start a new idea by suggesting that a chat be added to the Dach's Delivery teams.

For the last 8+ months, as a team leader, I have not had this event. My team went from a full 20 and remained at the maximum until some of us were put into an AB test. Granted that none of us has control of these tests; however, as a team leader I lost almost my entire team which is now down to 6 players. I don't even know if the 6 still have the event or not because there is no chat, nor is there anyway here in the community to tag my team members to ask if they still have it. The teams are private and no one should have to tag the members of their team here in the community.

Below is a print screen of an event in CC Soda Saga where there is a chat. At any time the team members can talk to each other and if we had this in our Dach's Delivery then the leaders could ask which team members still have the event or not. Since this studio is the best at implementing ideas, I am hoping that they can create this same chat idea for our Dach's event.

Thanks to all who have read this idea and please vote before leaving this message.

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,691 Sweet Legend
    edited February 6
    Options

@DieOmimi I don't know if you or anyone is allowed to tag here in the idea section but since we had so many without the Dachs' event they might be interested in voting. At least, then we could chat to see who has it and who doesn't. Also to discuss the actual event among the team members. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

• DieOmimi
    DieOmimi Posts: 37,506 Friends Moderator
    edited February 6
    Options

@_Elsa_ the idea already exists, take a look here.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?