🔥 Hot right Now! 🌶
🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

Why do we have to pay for the Piggy Bank

Gram007
Gram007 Posts: 1 Newbie
edited November 2018 in Support
Why the game requires a pmt of $3.99 to empty the piggy bank. I get that request every time. I won’t pay so I go without bars. Please explain. 

Comments

• Tapeworm
    Tapeworm Posts: 3 Newbie
    Why am I being asked to spend $3.99 real money to unlock the gold bars earned in my piggy bank? All subsequent gold bars earned do not go into the bank because it is full (30). Is this really fair?
  • King_admin
    King_admin Posts: 3,259 Level 3
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Tell us how we're doing - Feedback on the Community.
  • lovelife22
    lovelife22 Posts: 6 Level 2
    Did you get a reply to your question? I was wondering the same thing as I was asked to do the same .deposit my own money first to receive the gold bars that I collected in first place .not right in my eyes totally not fair 💨💨😡😡
  • QueenMia
    QueenMia Posts: 12,979 Community Manager
    Hi there and welcome to the Community :)

Please note that the Piggy Bank is helping you get more Gold for less, as it's giving you the opportunity to get extra Gold. 

It’s then your choice to decide when to break the Piggy Bank. You can do it right when it’s available, or wait until the Piggy Bank is full. Either way you will be getting the rewards you have been saving! You can decide when to access them.

Hard work pays off! Fill your Piggybank with Gold Bars and break it to receive sweet rewards!

See more info here.

Thanks for posting and have a great Wednesday!
  • Tapeworm
    edited October 2018

Excuse me, but nowhere in your link that describes the piggy bank does it say "breaking it" costs real money. Very misleading.

"Hard work pays off!" Apparently, the player's hard work only pays off for King! >:)

• simy
    simy Posts: 9 Level 2
    Thank you for answering my question

• Lady_Choo
    Lady_Choo Posts: 24,257 Pet Rescue Moderator
    Actually @Tapeworm it does make it clear. If you click on it, it tells you how much it costs.
    I admit it is very bad wording on Kings part though as players seem to be unable to realise that the bars are not theirs until they pay for them, and that it is actually to the players benefit as they are cheaper by buying them via the bank. How that only benefits King I don't know. On one of my games that my daughter also plays, to buy the bundle without the offer would cost £9.99 instead of £2.99 via the piggy bank. How does that mean King benefits?
    I know this particular game doesn't mention it, but seeing as most players play other king games, you can find posts on their blogs that mention clearly paying. this is a quote from one of their posts
    "At the end of the levels, the stars will become gold bars to feed the Piggy Bank. Keep collecting stars to fill the Piggy Bank with Gold Bars even more.

Eventually, you will be able to access the Piggy Bank. To break it you are required to pay to get the Gold Bars. You can decide if you want to purchase the unlock or keep filling it with more Gold Bars until you are ready to do it."

Ultimately though I am still not sure how they could word it that doesn't leave players feeling as though they are entitled to the gold. Unless you purchase though its not yours, so just ignore :)

• TMcCauley
    TMcCauley Posts: 28 Level 2
    Tapeworm said:

Excuse me, but nowhere in your link that describes the piggy bank does it say "breaking it" costs real money. Very misleading.

"Hard work pays off!" Apparently, the player's hard work only pays off for King! >:)

Hi @Tapeworm,

I had suggested the idea of doing an alternative way of getting the piggy bank broken in the way of an advertisement which should be shown. 
    Hope that helps.

• Tapeworm
    TMcCauley said:
    Tapeworm said:

Hi @Tapeworm,

I had suggested the idea of doing an alternative way of getting the piggy bank broken in the way of an advertisement which should be shown. 
    Hope that helps.

I would be satisfied with that solution as many other games do something similar. Unfortunately, it only helps if King implements your suggestion.
  • Alansmart
    Alansmart Posts: 1,302 Level 5
    Very quickly in the game players are gifted FREE 50 gold, but instead of being thankful people are upset that they don't continue to get free gold? As stated the piggy bank is offered at a nicely reduced price for those who would like a bit more at a bargain price.. Please remember this is a business and therefore needs to generate income to pay employees and continue to be able to develop quality games meanwhile. If we get a free cookie from a baker we understand that it is a sample and if we want more we buy them so the business can continue to operate.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?