🔥 Hot right Now! 🌶
🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

Is it possible to make the game screen smaller again, so that it doesn't go over the whole monitor?

Kajai
Kajai Posts: 40 Level 2
edited December 2019 in Support

I play the game on a PC, but in the past the game screen was still in the format of a smartphone. It changed a few weeks ago and I really don't like it and this was one reason why I haven't played much in the last weeks. I was hoping that an update would changed it back, but it didn't. Now soon the Christmas event starts and I really like to play it with the old view back.

I just don't think the game was made with a 16:9 monitor in mind. The event announcements on the right are not fully shown like you can see in the first picture. And on the sides of the background picture the design often doesn't extend completely like you can see on the left side where there is for example this blackness.

In the level itself nothing looks particular weird, but I am just so used after playing over 1000 levels to it being much smaller.

I really wish it would be back to how it was before. Is it possible to get the old view back?

Edit:

I found an old screenshot from when I got a new character:

This is how it was before. The game screen which now goes over nearly the whole monitor was just in the part which looks like a smartphone format. And to the left and right of it was that picture with the rainbow and the building. But that one is nearly completely covered now.

Best Answer

• flew66
    flew66 Posts: 2,361 Level 5
    Answer ✓
    @Kajai What OS and what resolution settings are you running? I am on Win10 and running 1920 x 1080. I have the same issue as yours when I maximize the CCFS window. However, the CCFS App is going back to Portrait mode when I click on 'Restore Down" and run it in a Window. I typically size the CCFS window to match the portrait border.
    What happen when you're not running the CCFS in maximize mode? Just curious. 

Answers

• Acv
    Acv Posts: 650 Level 5
    @Kajai I agree with you.  Sometimes the character is blocking some candies so I do not make the best moves because I am unable to see the entire board.  It was better the old way for windows.  
  • Kajai
    @Acv Good to know that I am not the only one for whom it changed. I wasn't sure if King changed it or my game was simply bugged. As it seems it was an intended change, I hope they change it back or give people at least the choice of format.
  • Simon888
    Simon888 Posts: 289 Level 4
    edited December 2019
    @Kajai On Windows 10 I have the opposite issue. I like lancscape mode although it isn't perfect as you say, but my display is in phone mode and I keep logging out and back in until it changes to landscape. Weird :dizzy:
  • gr33n3y3z
    gr33n3y3z Posts: 9,493 Level 5
    Wow I thought I was the only one lol, 
    @Acv the characters do block the candies on the bottom screen sometimes with 'hints' and you have to wait it out until the hint goes away. @Kajai yes i think we should have a choice of format as well. Should get a poll and vote this up.
  • Kajai
    edited December 2019

This is how the rules of the current event show up on my screen and it is not possible to scroll up or down. I have seen the screenshot someone else made of these rules by now, but otherwise I would have no idea what the third rule may have been and seeing only half a picture of Misty and Yeti is also not so nice.

This game is just not made with a 16:9 format in mind. Please don't force it in one. It was fine the way it was before. At least give people the option in what format they want to see this game.

• flew66
    flew66 Posts: 2,361 Level 5
    Answer ✓
    @Kajai What OS and what resolution settings are you running? I am on Win10 and running 1920 x 1080. I have the same issue as yours when I maximize the CCFS window. However, the CCFS App is going back to Portrait mode when I click on 'Restore Down" and run it in a Window. I typically size the CCFS window to match the portrait border.
    What happen when you're not running the CCFS in maximize mode? Just curious. 
  • Kajai
    @flew66

I have also Win10 and a 1920x1080 resolution.

I tried making the window smaller than the monitor and it works! =)
    Though just smaller itself is not enough. It only goes back into that smartphone format when the vertical sides of the window are longer than the horizontal. But that is easy to do.

Thank you for the tip! :)

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?