🔥 Hot Right Now in Candy Crush Jelly Saga 🌶
🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000

🚀 Jelly Race- how many can YOU pass in a week?

Options

Comments

• hechicerilla
    hechicerilla Posts: 10,353 Legend
    Options

Hello. Unfortunately in addition to not having time for the Community, my device died on Friday. It is impossible for me to play and enter the Community for now. Today ends my week for this race and I have come this far.

Thanks

Please if you keep this race open I'll try again

• tinytara1970
    tinytara1970 Posts: 247 Level 3
    Options

Sorry to be butting in here, but @Lady_Sarina is correct! You have to pass the level, not be sitting on that level to play next, but, beat the level, in order for it to be counted into your total.

@Sharon_Loose - Started on level 3053 and finished at level 3152 {3152-3053=99 levels} If she had finished/passed/beaten level 3153, then she would have earned 100 levels. {3153-3053=100 levels}

Same with @GlenysB - Started at level 306 and finished at level 345, so that makes 39 levels completed. {345-306=39 levels} Level 346 would have to be done, played, beaten, completed in order to have earned 40 levels. {346-306=40 levels.}

@headoperations, your calculations are technically correct, as you have them listed in your 5/30 posting. For example, the two listed above, your math was done as if Level 3153 and Level 346 were already played and completed [beating that level to earn the point] giving them 100 and 40 levels completed. But, those levels are not actually played yet, so the math should have been done using 3152 and 345, as the starting point to subtract from. Does that make sense? Just like mine is 70 levels passed, finishing at level 2702 minus the level I started at 2632 = 70 levels passed, right?

• tinytara1970
    tinytara1970 Posts: 247 Level 3
    Options

@headoperations - LOL, doesn't bother me and maybe you're right?!?! Math was never my strong subject! Just doing the math with a calculator, I was going with 3152-3053=99, 345-306=39 and 2702-2632=70. So, I believe @Lady_Sarina was correct, that's all! I wasn't trying to offend anyone, believe me, like I said "math is not my strong subject," and I still count with my fingers, LOL!!! It's such a small thing, only really makes a "level badge" difference in one case here. I'm sure everyone did great, I saw some people wiping out 150 levels, I only made it to 70. Always blown away by how well the community members here play. I can never get my numbers as high as most here! Including you and I apologize if I upset or insulted you in any way, was not my intent! ✌️

• Lady_Sarina
    Lady_Sarina Posts: 5,617 Level 5
    Options

Hi Guys,

@tinytara1970 yes that is a good point and it's awesome to have a positive discussion about these things. I love that the Jelly Family converse about things :0)

There should be a consistent method going forward and it can be disappointing if you miss out by just one point. Thanks @headoperations for helping out and collaborating with me on this :0)

Maybe @Lola_Pop and I can have a look at this closer, so there's no confusion going forward. It's great to have a new challenge for everyone and I guess all things can be tweaked as we go along, as it's everyone's community and it's nice to work together on what Jellies like :0)

• CassD
    CassD Posts: 18,516 Level 5
    Options

Hi @Lady_Sarina and @headoperations.

I shall obviously defend my badge as I know my mathematics aren't that bad!

If you look at my first post, I had passed level 103 and was about to start 104. I completed level 118. Therefore 118 - 103 = 15.

If you want to look at it another way. The first level I was to complete when I began was 104 and the next level to complete at the end was 119. Therefore, 119 - 104 = 15.

Even counting 104 to 118 (both inclusive) on your fingers comes to 15!

• Lady_Sarina
    Lady_Sarina Posts: 5,617 Level 5
    Options

Hi Everyone,

I'm sure everything will be okay for everyone :0)

If we go with @headoperations calculations I'm sure that will be fine.

Please Pm if you'd like :0)

• Sharon_Loose
    Sharon_Loose Posts: 1,900 Level 5
    edited June 2021
    Options

@tinytara1970 I had passed level 2052 and I had passed level 2152 in my book that is 100 levels. 2052 + 99 = 2151 it is basic maths. As far as I’m concerned it’s not about the badge but about the maths. I’m sure if I’d been doing my maths wrong all these years my husbands accountant would have had something to say about his books that I add up each year before I submit them.

• CassD
    CassD Posts: 18,516 Level 5
    Options

Hi @Sharon_Loose

So glad to see we went to the same school.of simple mathematics. My accountant has never queried mine either!

• Lola_Pop
    Lola_Pop Posts: 12,029 Community Manager
    edited June 2021
    Options

Hello Jellies!

I can see both perspectives, and both make sense, but this image posted by @Sharon_Loose is the way I understood it better:

So, for the sake of time and clarity, let's count level 306 as the first level passed for the challenge. Like "I'm starting by beating level 306, that's my first level beaten for the challenge". So, from level 306 to 345, there will be 40 levels won.

Does it make sense, @tinytara1970 and @Lady_Sarina ?

I'll add the badges now. Thanks for your patience, guys.

From this conversation, I'm taking:

1.- I'm very bad at maths

2.- Jellies like to argue, and do it with valid arguments and in a polite way

3.- @headoperations is the master of sarcastic signatures 😁

Remember this race will be open for a longer period of time, so you can continue posting your screenshots here. A first one, stating the first level passed for the challenge, and one week later, the one where we can see how many levels have been passed!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?