Candy Crush - Black background in Windows 10

Martyb
Martyb Posts: 3 Newbie

Candy Crush Saga App has black background in Windows 10 (laptop upgraded from Windows 7) rendering the game unplayable as the jelly is invisible. DxDiag Display name says "Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family", Help! Martin

Answers

• Cezdiamond
    Cezdiamond Posts: 6,498 Community Manager

Hi Martyb- Thank you all for taking the time to highlight this issue and for providing us with the additional information.  Our Candy Crush team are currently investigating this.  Thank you for your patience and understanding.

• BerkayG
    BerkayG Posts: 1 Newbie

Hi Martyb- Thank you all for taking the time to highlight this issue and for providing us with the additional information.  Our Candy Crush team are currently investigating this.  Thank you for your patience and understanding.

What about solution? i have the same problem.
  • Gordon_Hamilton
    Gordon_Hamilton Posts: 2 Newbie

Hi  you have to put your computer in safe mode, to do this restart your computer go to sign in screen then hold down shift key and power button together, then again restart  your computer in the box select troubleshoot then advanced options  then startup settings then press F5 then safe mode with internet, again restart your computer. your computer now is in safe mode. Go to control panel then devise manager select and right click on display adapter and then select uninstall then ok restart your computer. I found this to solved the problem Candy Crush now works fine.

• Martyb

Hi  you have to put your computer in safe mode, to do this restart your computer go to sign in screen then hold down shift key and power button together, then again restart  your computer in the box select troubleshoot then advanced options  then startup settings then press F5 then safe mode with internet, again restart your computer. your computer now is in safe mode. Go to control panel then devise manager select and right click on display adapter and then select uninstall then ok restart your computer. I found this to solved the problem Candy Crush now works fine.

Thanks for that - I did everything you said apart from the important bit - deleting the display adapter - surely deleting this is going to adversely affect the day to day running of the PC? In safe mode, it seemed to reckon I have two of them, although when you look at it in regular mode, only one is shown. I am very wary to uninstall the display adapter, as I worry it will screw the laptop up... Any words of wisdom here?
  • Gordon_Hamilton
    Gordon_Hamilton Posts: 2 Newbie

answer to your question uninstall  display adapter, this in no way interrupt or have any ill effect to the daily running of your computer.  Regards Gordon

• Martyb

answer to your question uninstall  display adapter, this in no way interrupt or have any ill effect to the daily running of your computer.  Regards Gordon

OK, thanks Gordon. I did what you said and uninstalled the display adapter that was shown on safe mode, but it made no difference to the black background problem. However, I looked in Device Manager (not in safe mode) and the adapter still appears to be there. When in safe mode there is a box that remained unchecked when you uninstall which asks if you want to delete the software for this item - should it be checked or left blank?

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?