"Backing out" doesn't truly exit the app anymore...why not, and can this please be changed?

Options
bramweiser
bramweiser Posts: 1 Newbie

Hi,

I'd posted this originally to the previous Candy Crush Forum but the only substantive answer from a Moderator wasn't exactly on point and, when this was mentioned in follow-ups, no further answer was forthcoming. :-(  So, now that I've learned about King Care, I thought I'd try posting here as well...

It used to be that Candy Crush Saga (at least for Android) would completely close when I'd back out of the app, as I'd end up being given a prompt to be sure that I wanted to exit.  However, for some months now, the newer releases of the app would appear to close when I back out...except that the prompt no longer appears, and the app continues to run in background so that I'd need to force-close it in the Task Manager.

Why is that now necessary, and can we please fix this so that its exit procedure is as effective as it used to be?

Thanks,

Bram Weiser

Answers

• MarkHawk
    MarkHawk Posts: 4,061 Community Manager
    Options

Hi Bram,

Thanks for your question. For newer versions of Android (Kitkat and Lollipop) it is not longer a requirement to close apps in order to release RAM or CPU resources. When you start other apps the RAM will be used dynamically and efficient. In case you want to close the app instantly then I suggest you simply minimize the app, then swipe to right (or use the X marker) in the task manager.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?