Candy Crush causing problems with my pc!

Carolyn_Scott
Carolyn_Scott Posts: 2 Newbie

I play Candy Crush on FB. For the last 3 - 4 months I cannot play more than 2 or 3 of the 5 lives before my laptop completely shuts off.  I have a top line Toshiba laptop, and this only happens when I play Candy Crush.  Just before cutting off it seems to run louder and get hot.  I have a cooling pad beneath it but it doesn't stop this from happening.  I'm currently on level 500 but this has been happening for some time now.  I believe your app is causing my video or graphics card to crash.  Is there anything you can do to fix this?  I have other friends who say this is happening to them also while playing this game.  Thank you.

Answers

• Wunderbaum
    Wunderbaum Posts: 4,398 Level 5

Hi Carolyn!

I think you will find it that it is all games that you play on Facebook that will make your notebook go too warm. Please check your Flash settings and do also check what other kind of software you have running in the background while playing Flash based games.

Please also check when the notebook was last cleaned for dust in the ventilation. As a general advice I suggest you have the computer checked as the problem could also come from malware and/or virus.

I hope you get the computer back to normal temperatures :-)

• Entilzha
    Entilzha Posts: 1 Newbie

Hi Carolyn!

I think you will find it that it is all games that you play on Facebook that will make your notebook go too warm. Please check your Flash settings and do also check what other kind of software you have running in the background while playing Flash based games.

Please also check when the notebook was last cleaned for dust in the ventilation. As a general advice I suggest you have the computer checked as the problem could also come from malware and/or virus.

I hope you get the computer back to normal temperatures :-)

I do not believe that the above answer is correct. I can play numerous other games through Facebook or elsewhere, the only two that I have an issue with are Pet Rescue and Candy Crush Saga. The laptop is NOT running hot, it was recently serviced, cleaned and fan replaced. This has only happened in the last 3 days and ONLY to the aforementioned games. your answer seems pretty lame, sorry.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?