Here we go again...boosters are lost.

newlotra
newlotra Posts: 5 Level 2

Once again, I lost all of my boosters with the latest update. It seems that every couple of months, after accumulating them via the daily wheel and the candy belt, I lose them all. The last time, I lost over 75 of each booster. This time, I lost approximately 15 of each booster. I realize that it's just a game, and that the boosters were free, but what is the purpose of "gifting" us boosters if they're just going to be deleted whenever there's an update? If I remove the auto-update option, I'll never get updates to expand to different levels and I'd have to end up updating the game anyway. I'm on level 1208, so I've obviously gained/lost several boosters. Perhaps it's time to give up the addiction? Please help!  BTW...I notice that my same question about this from a couple of months ago has been removed.  Interesting.  

Answers

• Former_User
    Former_User Posts: 0 Newbie

They're well-aware of the phenomenon and they have no intention of fixing it.

King's stated "fix" is to avoid stockpiling the boosters. Which, of course, defeats the purpose of offering them since boosters are only helpful if you save them when they are needed and they are only needed for the very hard levels.

It's the same reason certain levels have absurd 3-star scores (level 713, level 854, level 1237, etc.) and the same reason levels are routinely released with simple bugs and the same reason they release a level every now and then that is impossible until King decides to nerf it 2 weeks later.

The reason? It's a struggling company that hasn't been able to create a real hit since Candy Crush so it's resorting to constructively defrauding its most tenured users of its most popular game in hopes this keeps them afloat long enough to create that elusive 2nd hit.

Given the logic of that strategy, I'm skeptical.

• Rom
    Rom Posts: 2 Newbie

Why does king not manage to save the friggin boosters on the servers! Like they do with gift lives and the progress. This reeks like a way to make people purchase boosters... Loosing absolutely all free boosters happened to me several times, too. Stopping updates surely is not a solution. I realise some people still ask for help when finishing an episode - because they didn't update the game... REDICULOUS! This makes me angry and wanting to boycott the game.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?