Chat about Candy Crush Saga, share thoughts, news, or anything sweet!
Support - Stuck or having an issue? Ask a question and get help from other players!
Enter for a chance to win Gold Bars and sweet in-game rewards in Candy Crush Saga!
This is your chill zone! Talk about anything that’s not Candy-related with other Candy players!.
Have a sweet suggestion? Share your ideas to help improve Candy Crush Saga.
Candy Crush Saga crashes at loading screen after latest two updates, namely, 1.66.8 and 1.67.50.
I am using Windows Phone 8.1.
Sign in or register to leave a comment and join the conversation.
The key issue here is how to retain my progress. If not for this reason, I could easily uninstall and reinstall the app.
Hi hwtan!
I used to have a Lumia so I know how little info the Windos OS shows in order to pinpoint any errors.
You might have to do a factory reset of your phone to solve the issue you are experiencing.
Don't forget to do a backup first and I hope you get Candy Crush to work properly again.
Cheers :-)
The same goes to 1.70.2.0.
The same happens to the latest update 1.69.6.0
There is no error log, don't know which file to keep in order to retain progress after reinstallation. The game is now useless to me now. Very bad technical support here. : (
Now after updated to 1.68.0, it is still the same: crash after the loading screen. Can't King create an update that replaces all the files except the progress file?
Please look at https://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-to/wp8/settings-and-personalization/back-up-my-stuff
under the section Apps + settings, it mentioned in the first bullet that "The apps you've installed on your phone, along with high scores and progress from participating apps."
So, I would like to know whether Candy Crush Saga is a "participating apps"?
Where did you find the article?
I still have an old Windows mobile phone that I don't use anymore, so I might be able to check out how it works.
According to Microsoft, it depends on whether an app (in this case candy crush saga) utilizes the windows phone back up feature. If candy crush saga does make use of this feature, I can do the back up and restore it after uninstall and reinstall candy crush. However, if candy crush does not make use of this feature, that it will not help. So do you have any idea whether candy crush saga makes use of this feature?
If you didn't connect the game to Facebook or Kingdom (the orange button) then I suggest you check the Windows Market Place for solutions on how to do a backup of your mobile phones data.
Let me know how you progress.
What if I did not connect to Facebook?
Is there any file that I can make a copy and put it back after reinstallation?
Did you have the game connected to Facebook? If yes then all your progress will be stored there. In most cases all you will have to do then is to re-install the game on your mobile. After reinstall you should be able to start the game again. Don't forget to click on the blue 'Connect to Facebook' button followed by your login details to get your progress back.