Why has Candy Crush become so annoying?

Options
Bye_Felicia
Bye_Felicia Posts: 7 Level 2

Just curious as to why level designers have stopped looking at quality of levels entirely to produce new episodes every week instead of just making one new fun/challenging episode every 2 weeks like they used to.

I think the answer lies in the fact that King knows that some people will pay money to progress in these harder levels so by making more of them at a faster rate with obvious disregard for quality, King hopes to increase their profit.

Just food for thought, http://www.brownpoliticalreview.org/2016/03/frey-to-prey-candy-crush-is-more-like-gambling-than-you-think/

i was wondering if anyone has a better answer

Answers

• Baz_James
    Baz_James Posts: 861 Level 2
    Options

I haven't detected any change in the proportion of hard levels. There have always been 'annoying' levels no matter how quickly or otherwise new episodes have been added and there are plenty of examples of past levels that were 'rejected' by players, forcing changes.

What has changed, however, is the ease with which it is possible to gather more than sufficient boosters to cope without spending a single penny. I've completed every level and have 35 fish in hand, for example, and have never paid for anything. There has never been less reason to part with cash in the history of the game. 

• Randle
    Randle Posts: 1,977 Level 2
    Options

Hi Bye,

I couldn´t agree more with what Baz says.

Just regarding that article, wow! I don´t know what you think, but I still believe we all are responsible for what we do and when we decide to do this. 

Somehow I see more and more this tendency of blaming third parties instead of blaming our own conduct.

Addiction doesn´t come from outside oneself, I´d say it´s comes from inside oneself and one projects it on what one wants to get addicted to. Of course, it´s easier to blame an external factor as to blame oneself..

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?