Does King even understand the issue with Level 713?

Brian_Cronin
Brian_Cronin Posts: 32 Level 2

As most folks know by now, nearly a year ago, Candy Crush Saga Level 713 was altered (on all platforms) so that it no longer features bombs dropping from above. As a result, it makes winning the level easier in and of itself, which I presume was King's intent. However, since the bombs or no longer there, there is almost no chance for making combinations that would lead to the point totals that used to be accessible on the level. Therefore, achieving three stars is next to impossible (theoretically you could get the greatest cascade known to man, but for practical reasons, achieving three stars is effectively impossible). A King moderator has addressed the issue in the past: https://care.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/level-713-1702663906 but said answer didn't seem to get that this isn't a case of people complaining about a difficult level. Difficult levels are fine. We all understand difficult levels. This, however, is a glitch caused by an alteration to a level that has the presumably unforeseen result of three stars being basically unreachable.  

People might argue, "King wants you to pay for boosters, so that's why this level is so hard, so that you pay for boosters." I don't even necessarily have an issue had that been the case, but I don't believe that to be the case on this level, since adding boosters wouldn't even really help you here, since the point totals are so far out of reach (as the combinations don't exist to get there). I think this is just a simple mistake. But is King even aware that there is a mistake here? Their moderator's reply didn't seem to indicate that they get what the issue is here. 

Answers

• Baz_James
    Baz_James Posts: 861 Level 2

Well that makes King and me then. I really don't understand this obsession with getting 3 stars. In Alpha Betty where yuou need the stars to upgrade the helpers it's only reasonable to expect 3 stars to be possible on every level. But in a game where it gains you absolutely nothing I simply do not see the point. Who is losing out if the leaderboard for this level is topped by someone with two stars? What difference does it make? It's not an issue and I'd far rather that King did not waste time correcting a non-existent problem and got on with creating new and interesting levels than chasing around tryting to please people with no sense of perspective!

• Brian_Cronin
    Brian_Cronin Posts: 32 Level 2
    edited May 2016

Well that makes King and me then. I really don't understand this obsession with getting 3 stars. In Alpha Betty where yuou need the stars to upgrade the helpers it's only reasonable to expect 3 stars to be possible on every level. But in a game where it gains you absolutely nothing I simply do not see the point. Who is losing out if the leaderboard for this level is topped by someone with two stars? What difference does it make? It's not an issue and I'd far rather that King did not waste time correcting a non-existent problem and got on with creating new and interesting levels than chasing around tryting to please people with no sense of perspective!

Whether you personally agree with the approach or not, clearly King does, hence them, you know, having two and three star achievements. You surely do not have to be interested in reaching said achievements, but that does not change the fact that there is an error on this board regarding the two and three star achievements based on an earlier edit to the board. An error that could be fixed very easily. And has not been fixed for roughly a year for no good reason.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?