Timed levels getting more difficult, especially for those of us with disabilities

Options
Ronda_Hegeman
Ronda_Hegeman Posts: 8 Level 2

I've been playing Candy Crush Saga for almost three years, and I'm finding timed levels are becoming increasingly difficult as new episodes are added, meaning having to get a ridiculously high number of points in very little time. (I play on King's platform and/or Windows 10.) Passing them takes more luck than skill. I love a challenge as much as the next person, but for those of us with disabilities such as nerve damage and mobility issues, the timed levels are becoming increasingly difficult to play.

I'm an elderly person with disabilities, and unable to move that fast. There are many disabled people who play CCS; some of us belong to a large CCS help group on Facebook and there is enough concern about the difficulty of timed levels that some are ready to quit the game because it's impossible to progress past them.

It would be more fair if instead of timed levels, King made them moves levels. Get the required amount of points in a specified number of moves, rather than be pressed for time. Not only would that take more skill than luck, but it would be much easier on those of us with mobility issues, or slower reaction times due to Alzheimer's disease or physical injuries. You normally don't have a lot of moves levels as it is, and changing the timed levels to moves levels would equalize the playing field for everyone.

I don't know if this issue has been brought to your attention before, but there are a lot of older people who play and enjoy this game. Is it possible for King to give this some serious consideration? Thank you.

Answers

• Debbie-5
    Debbie-5 Posts: 303 Level 3
    edited May 2016
    Options

Unfortunately Ronda the issue of the "timed levels" has been addressed to King/Activision many times.  This has been a hot topic here.  It appears that the more that is said the more difficult they become.   As I've said many times before these levels are ridiculous and insulting to the aged or those with physical disabilities. The creators of the levels obviously do not care as they continue to appear with each new episode.  I know they have been a part of the game since the beginning but is just seems of late they are nearly impossible for some to pass without some help.  Personally I have to use boosters and get the extra time on every timed level in order to pass and move on.  There are those who read the comments and are quick to disagree even though they may not know the circumstances of the individual writing the post. The solution seems to be quit whining, quit the game, find a new game less challenging etc....rather than offering up positive  suggestions or support.  This is jmo, so please no bashing would be appreciated. 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?