Since candy crush updated i can't close the app on my kindle. help?

Options
Debs_B
Debs_B Posts: 1 Newbie

My kindle fire hd shows a little pause button at the side of the screen when apps are open so I am able to close them and get back to the kindle home screen. Candy Crush updated earlier today and my pause button has disappeared. When I tap the edge to try to bring it up, it doesn't show up. I physically cannot close candy crush. If I want to close the app and I have to force shut down my kindle completely. I know it's something to do with the update because none of my other apps have this issue. There isn't even an option within the app to close it so that I can return to the kindle carousel. I can't be forced to keep turning my kindle on and off just to close the app so for the moment i'm not playing. Can anybody explain why I am having this problem if there is a fix for it? If not, can there be an update for kindle users that fixes this??

Answers

• T_A_S
    T_A_S Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I'm having the same problem.  I noticed if you go to the settings screen and go to the Frequently Asked Questions menu, it will open the FAQ in a browser that you can exit from.  Kind of ridiculous, but at least you don't have to reboot every time.  Hopefully they'll fix this soon.

• driving_me_crazy
    driving_me_crazy Posts: 7 Level 2
    Options

I am having the same problem.  I have to keep closing Kindle down and open again.  I can't get into my setting screen either.  Hope they sort it soon.

• PattyGail
    PattyGail Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

Same here, so frustrating.  Didn't even know there had been an update so thanks for the note on that.  Hopefully we'll have help soon.  Don't get why they can't just leave well enough alone : )

• Gordon_Larson
    Gordon_Larson Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

Same problem.  Fix the update!  The previous game (update) didn't have this problem.

• Cam-3
    Cam-3 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

I'm having the same issue.

• Essdeebee
    Essdeebee Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

The "answer" from King (to a slightly differently worded question on the same bug) was nonsense and makes me think they have never used a Kindle Fire. Take a screen-shot???? Doesn't work.  Press the "home" button????  That's the whole point.  On a Kindle Fire, the "home" button is a soft-key, which we can no longer get to.  Come on King, sort this out or I for one will stop playing King games.

• Tammy-10
    Tammy-10 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
  • Rose_Budge
    Rose_Budge Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options

Same problem. Obviously they don't have the fix yet. Getting ridiculous.

• Christine_Harvey
    Christine_Harvey Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I'm having the same problem.  I noticed if you go to the settings screen and go to the Frequently Asked Questions menu, it will open the FAQ in a browser that you can exit from.  Kind of ridiculous, but at least you don't have to reboot every time.  Hopefully they'll fix this soon.

Me too but if you go to FAQ you can leave game, better than complete shutdown, needs to be fixed.
  • Kathi
    Kathi Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

Same issue...getting fed up. I have 2 different versions of Kindle Fires and they both have the same issue. Clearly something was forgotten during the recent update...there is no tab on bottom of screen to get to "home/exit". Other King Games work fine.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?