Candy Crush Saga Screen Flashing on Mobile Device

Options
Steve_Olekszyk
Steve_Olekszyk Posts: 5 Level 2

I have searched for a solution and tried a number of things.....

I downloaded the update 1.80.0.2 onto my Galaxy Tablet running Android 4.0.4.  The screen begins to flash when I start a level.  Sometimes immediately, and sometimes after 5-6 moves.  I am on 1,626.  I saw solutions saying to play the game on a mobile device...we are.  I see "clear the cache"....I have.  Rebooted, played in airplane mode, ..... no good.

Best Answer

• Steve_Olekszyk
    Answer ✓
    Options

This is the same response I got to my first question.  My problem was not that I could not install the application, it was that it did not work on my old Galaxy Tablet.

My solution was to install the application on a new iPad.  It works there.  The solution is to not use an old Galaxy Tablet.

Answers

• Cezdiamond
    Cezdiamond Posts: 6,498 Community Manager
    Options

Hi Steve- Welcome to King Care. I am really sorry that you are experiencing a problem playing the game on your mobile device. 

Please try the following steps and let me know how you get on :-) 

- First please update the OS on your device.  

- Navigate to Settings - About Phone - System Updates - Update. Please see the following video for help doing this: www.youtube.com/watch?v=fz14wv4PXVg

- Now reset the Settings in the Google Play app:

- Go to apps and find the app called 'Settings'

- Locate the menu called 'Apps'

- Scroll down until you find the 'Google Play Store'

- From here click on 'Clear data' then clear cache.

Please notice that you will get a warning when clicking the 'Clear data' button - don't worry as it's just a reset.

Reboot the device and you should now be able to install the game.If after trying these last steps the issue still persists then please follow them again and this time also click on 'Uninstall updates.’

If this still does not resolve the problem please come back to me with the following info: 

Google Play Store version number: www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/google-play-store/

Please note that the Play Store version needs to be at least v5.2 to ensure smooth running.

If you are using an older version then please also update it and retry the steps above: www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/google-play-store/

Have a sweet weekend! 

• Steve_Olekszyk
    Options

Hi Steve- Welcome to King Care. I am really sorry that you are experiencing a problem playing the game on your mobile device. 

Please try the following steps and let me know how you get on :-) 

- First please update the OS on your device.  

- Navigate to Settings - About Phone - System Updates - Update. Please see the following video for help doing this: www.youtube.com/watch?v=fz14wv4PXVg

- Now reset the Settings in the Google Play app:

- Go to apps and find the app called 'Settings'

- Locate the menu called 'Apps'

- Scroll down until you find the 'Google Play Store'

- From here click on 'Clear data' then clear cache.

Please notice that you will get a warning when clicking the 'Clear data' button - don't worry as it's just a reset.

Reboot the device and you should now be able to install the game.If after trying these last steps the issue still persists then please follow them again and this time also click on 'Uninstall updates.’

If this still does not resolve the problem please come back to me with the following info: 

Google Play Store version number: www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/google-play-store/

Please note that the Play Store version needs to be at least v5.2 to ensure smooth running.

If you are using an older version then please also update it and retry the steps above: www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/google-play-store/

Have a sweet weekend! 

I looked into updating my OS. My Galaxy tablet tells me that my system is up to date. Android 4.0.4. I cleared the play store cache and rebooted. The game still flashes and is unplayable. The problem that I have is not that I cannot install the game on the tablet, but that the game screen flashes and freezes so I cannot play it.
  • Steve_Olekszyk
    Answer ✓
    Options

This is the same response I got to my first question.  My problem was not that I could not install the application, it was that it did not work on my old Galaxy Tablet.

My solution was to install the application on a new iPad.  It works there.  The solution is to not use an old Galaxy Tablet.

• Cezdiamond
    Cezdiamond Posts: 6,498 Community Manager
    Options

Hi Steve, I am glad that you were able to find a solution. With improvements to graphics, sound and the addition of new features in our games, some older devices may not be able to handle the implemented changes. Performance may vary and crashing issues may disrupt the enjoyment of the game.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?