Candy Crush crashing on iPad2

dez9rlady
dez9rlady Posts: 1 Newbie

I have been happily playing Candy Crush for about 3 years on my iPad 2, rarely on my laptop.  The iPad goes with me when I leave home, not the laptop.  I just updated the game today Sept. 12, 2016 and all it has done is crash every time I attempt to play it on the iPad. I am very disappointed that King is no longer supporting iPad 2.  My iPad works well for me and I have no need to replace it. Not everyone buys the latest gadget everytime one is released.  I sincerely hope King reconsiders and either provides support or releases a "lite" version of Candy Crush for your devoted/addicted gamers.

Answers

• Wunderbaum
    Wunderbaum Posts: 4,398 Level 5

Hi dez9rlady!

Some of the older iPad versions are no longer compatible with the game. Please see this thread: https://care.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/why-is-ipad-2-not-supported-anymore-for-candy-crush-crash 

In most cases a reboot of the device can solve many issues.

You might also have to try to re-install the game. Before doing so please make sure you have the game connected to Facebook or Kingdom in order to save your progress, highscores and gold bars. Do make sure you have used your boosters and lives first, otherwise they'll miss after you re-install the game.

Cheers :-)

• MamaJean
    MamaJean Posts: 5 Level 2

I started having the same problem after the latest update. Go to settings, safari, scroll to the bottom and hit " clear history and website data." It's like deleting temporary Internet files on a desktop.

• Geoff_Bellingham
    Geoff_Bellingham Posts: 1 Newbie

Sadly, ipad2 owners are not important enough for King to develop a more memory efficient solution, so I strongly suggest that we invoke the principle of democracy and vote with our feet.

shame they are too blinkered to notice that Apple customers are the top of their market, or perhaps they don't have the technical nouse to do what is required...either way, bye bye candy crush! My iPad means more to than your game.

• Ken-3
    Ken-3 Posts: 40 Level 2

If it is permitted (which I assume it must be) I can share the ipa file for version 1.80.1 (up to level 1970) which will work on your iPad 2. Maybe someone from King can confirm that there's no personal information contained in the file. The procedure is simple, you delete the app from your iPad and from iTunes on your computer. You then copy the ipa file to the appropriate iTunes folder on your computer then you sync your iPad to the computer and copy the file to the iPad. I BELIEVE that should work. Since it's a free app, I don't think the file is tied to a specific device.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?