I'd like to go back to version 1.85.0

Ken-3
Ken-3 Posts: 40 Level 2

The newest version of Candy Crush (1.87.1) is not playable on the iPad 2. I have not made any recent changes to the iOS (I have been running 9.3.5 for the last month or so). The previous version of the Candy Crush app (1.85.0) worked OK (though I did have to keep concurrently running applications to a minimum). May I ask why you would allow an app on a device to be updated to a version that was not playable? Better to just not offer the update on the device. To top things off, there is no mention that the update will only work on iPad 3 and higher just that you require iOS 6 or something like that. Surely someone at King can send me a link to the .ipa file for version 1.85.0 that I was running before the update, no? I'll copy it to iTunes, sync my iPad and everything will be back to normal. Where's the harm in that?

Answers

• Wunderbaum
    Wunderbaum Posts: 4,398 Level 5

Hi Ken!

I've seen other threads where the iPad 2 is not supported anymore. This thread is from King: 

https://care.king.com/en/blossom-blast-saga/android-ios-recommended-devices

I did a quick search on Google and it looks like there are several articles available on how to install older versions of an app. Just Google "old versions of ios apps"

Cheers :-)

• Ken-3
    Ken-3 Posts: 40 Level 2
    edited November 2016

Yes, but what is surprising is that (1) they make the update available and (2) on the app update there's no mention of the ipad 2 not being supported only that iOS version 5 or higher is required. I tried everything suggestion I could find but none worked, but thankfully I had an older copy of the app of my iPod so I deleted the app from my iPad and from iTunes on my desktop, synced my iPod with my computer and then copied the file to my iPad from my computer. All is well again, though still amazed that neither King nor Apple could offer a solution (i.e. a download link to a stable version on iPad 2). Seems there must still be a lot of iPad 2's out there... If anyone else gets stuck like I did, I can share the ipa file which is good until level 1970. I'd just need to make sure there's no sensitive information in there first.

• Mark_Bailey
    Mark_Bailey Posts: 1 Newbie

Yes, but what is surprising is that (1) they make the update available and (2) on the app update there's no mention of the ipad 2 not being supported only that iOS version 5 or higher is required. I tried everything suggestion I could find but none worked, but thankfully I had an older copy of the app of my iPod so I deleted the app from my iPad and from iTunes on my desktop, synced my iPod with my computer and then copied the file to my iPad from my computer. All is well again, though still amazed that neither King nor Apple could offer a solution (i.e. a download link to a stable version on iPad 2). Seems there must still be a lot of iPad 2's out there... If anyone else gets stuck like I did, I can share the ipa file which is good until level 1970. I'd just need to make sure there's no sensitive information in there first.

Hi can you share the IPA file please I'm having same problem I need an older version thanks Mark

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?