W10 desktop moble apps. Candy Crush

Anna_Lewis
Anna_Lewis Posts: 75 Level 2

Is there any way that Candy Crush  can line up with the Browsers? The App is 2 Episodes behind.. I cannot use it as (1) not up to date with levels (2) cannot use browser as all boosters on App.     You have aligned Candy Soda. is Crush in the pipeline? 

Answers

• StuckInATree
    StuckInATree Posts: 4,755 Level 3

Which level are you on? It should sync them automatically but if your at end game level then you'll probably hit a wall where the levels have been released for PC and not yet for mobile which is why they are out of sync. But yeah not being able to use boosters you earned on another device has always been there, transfers are only done for purchased items. 

• Anna_Lewis
    edited February 2017

Hi StuckInATreeThey have aligned Soda and Jelly for W10, so why not Candy Crush?? Desktop shows 2285, Browsers show 2315?? This is the same device pc W10 not  a separate system.

• StuckInATree

Not sure but something to keep in mind is that levels are first made on PC and then converted and optimised for other platforms, hence the gap between platforms. Another thing which adds to that is that updates are submitted to the different stores, it's then up to them when they release them and not King directly. 

• Anna_Lewis

Hi StuckInATree, this is all on the same platform pc. all updated through windows store. not seperate systems but 1 system. W10 runs in sync with apps and browsers.

• StuckInATree

Even if you play them on the same device, it doesn't change the fact that those are different version of the game, one runs direct from the browser and the other is an app that has to be installed. As I mentioned before, levels for the browser version generally come out first since that's where they're made, then they work on the mobile and tablet versions. This is why in the browser version you can go up to level 2315 whereas the game app version goes up to 2285.

• Anna_Lewis
  • StuckInATree
    edited February 2017

Yes, I have used W10. Maybe I'm not explaining myself properly, playing the browser version of the game (also referred as Canvas) is NOT the same as the game app that is installed on iOS, Android, W10. As I mentioned, the levels are made on Canvas and once ready are released and made available on King.com and Facebook. When that happens they work on converting the levels for the app version, since W10 is by far the least popular OS it gets updated after Android and iOS since they are the most popular.

To answer your question, yes the levels will align but only once the update is made available to each platform which is currently not the case. W10 has always been behind in term of levels released, this is nothing new unfortunately and will only likely change should W10 suddenly become the most popular OS.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?