Screen never goes to sleep when candy crush is active

Gladys_Evans
Gladys_Evans Posts: 1 Newbie

If candy crush is active on my samsung galaxy note, my screen will never timeout and go to sleep. The screen goes to sleep with every other app that I run. How do I make it so that it allows my screen to go to sleep. It completely drains my battery. 

Answers

• Johnny_Ryall
    Johnny_Ryall Posts: 3,725 Level 5

Hello Gladys, 

This is part of the game design. If you wish to turn off the screen then you can use the intended lock screen button located on the side of the device. 

Kind regards, 

Johnny

• Kingalf
    Kingalf Posts: 1 Newbie

Dear Johnny,. Very snarky and unhelpful comment. Most games and apps allow your device to enter sleep mode or at least have an option to leave active in order to prevent battery drain and screen image burn. That is what Gladys was asking about. Why is there not an option. I guess it is just as simple to delete and low rank the game as it is to push a button in my sleep or when I'm detained and away from my device when the game is active. If the developers are as out of touch as you are Johnny then there will be no improvement.

• rbeach88
    rbeach88 Posts: 1 Newbie

This is a huge problem for me as well. I'm forever setting down my phone or falling asleep playing this game only to come back to a burning hot phone. Recently it burned a big spot into the top of my dresser. I am searching for a way to have the game respect my screen saver/sleep mode choices. I don't believe this is an oversight by developers but the alternative is that it's intentional which is pretty rude and disrespectful to customers. Help me not burn my screen.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?