Turn off sound and keep setting

Options
leeguth
leeguth Posts: 1 Newbie

The online FB version of Candy Crush no longer keeps the setting for the sounds. Every time you enter the application the sounds/music come back. Please turn off the sounds/music!

Answers

• Baz_James
    Baz_James Posts: 861 Level 2
    Options

Not had that problem myself. Check your Internet settings for any restrictions on accepting cookies etc.

• palaceben
    palaceben Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited April 2018
    Options

Just managed to fix this on Windows 10.

Find a folder on your computer that looks something like this

(this is for Opera - I'm not sure of the exact folder name for other browsers)

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Opera Software\Opera Stable\IndexedDB

Find a subfolder called

https_candycrush.king.com_0.indexeddb.leveldb

(an easier way to find it is to do a search for "king.com" in C:\Users\username where username is your username on your PC)

If you delete this folder then Candy Crush will make a new one next time you play and you'll have to turn off the sound one more time, but hopefully that will be it. It might be worth waiting until you've collected your 7th daily prize (or you didn't play yesterday!) if you are worried about that as it will also reset you to Day 1.

• palaceben
    Options

Find a subfolder called

(an easier way to find it is to do a search for "king.com" in C:\Users\username where username is your username on your PC)

If you delete this folder then Candy Crush will make a new one next time you play and you'll have to turn off the sound one more time, but hopefully that will be it. It might be worth waiting until you've collected your 7th daily prize (or you didn't play yesterday!) if you are worried about that as it will also reset you to Day 1.

Be aware you will also lose any extra lives you have on that particular machine. It is probably true that you can get away with just deleting one or more files in the folder but I don't know which one it is.
  • palaceben
    edited April 2018
    Options

Find a subfolder called

And it might not even work permanently. Sorry....

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?