Candy Crush Saga app for windows 10 no longer working

Options
Faith_Fulcher
Faith_Fulcher Posts: 4 Newbie

When I closed Candy Crush Saga last night it was working perfectly but it will not load for more than a couple of seconds today without automatically closing. 

I have uninstalled it several times but it has not made any difference, so as it was modified today, I suspect that it is now so full of bugs that until a further update is issued people will continue to complain.

I may be wrong of course and if there is a fix please let me know.

Answers

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,786 Sweet Legend
    Options

Hi Faith, please try opening the game on Windows 10 now.  I opened mine a few minutes ago and it was working.  I know that there was a glitch reported saying that they couldn't get Windows 10 to connect.  So I hope that you can let me know if you got it to open and it was fixed. 

• Faith_Fulcher
    Options

Hi Elsa,  All I am getting is the dark black screen and that only lasts for a matter of seconds before automatically closing.  I have been trying to see if it has improved over the last 4 hours but alas it has not.

• _Elsa_
    Options

Hi Faith, thanks for writing back.  I am going to let them know that you are still having trouble with this.

• Cezdiamond
    Cezdiamond Posts: 6,498 Community Manager
    Options

Thanks @Elsa

@Faith I am sorry you are experiencing a problem, please could you try some troubleshooting steps here. 

Check for updates 

You can either choose for the system to automatically install app updates when they become available, or you are able to check for updates manually.

Some people prefer to check manually so that they can see if there are any changes mentioned in the update. 

To enable automatic app updates follow these steps: 

Open the StoreTap or click the user icon on top, next to the search formTap or click SettingsToggle On Update apps automatically

To manually check for updates:

Open the StoreTap or click the user icon on top, next to the search formTap or click DownloadsTap or click Check for updates

Identify problems tool 

Microsoft has released an app which helps in identifying and solving potential issues: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Please note that you will need to be logged in with your Microsoft ID before you can use the tool.

For more details please see here: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-store-apps-troubleshooter-for-windows-10

Let me know how you get on :-) Thanks!

• Faith_Fulcher
    Options

I have tried all the steps above as well as uninstalling it and re-installing it but the only thing I see is a black screen that automatically closes itself after a few seconds.

• _Elsa_
    Options

Hi Faith, well it seems that what you are reporting is now a glitch!  Other players are reporting the same thing so it has been elevated to the King team and they are trying to resolve this now.  Hang in there because it's not just you with this issue.

• Cezdiamond
    Cezdiamond Posts: 6,498 Community Manager
    Options

Thanks both! I have now escalated this as it does appear to be a problem. We hope to have this fixed soon! 

Thanks!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?