⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Why doesn't King just test the levels before releasing them instead of screwing over their users?

Options
Andrew_Endymion
Andrew_Endymion Posts: 44 Level 2

Level 3425 is absolutely impossible to pass w/out boosters. More than that, it's impossible to pass unless you have multiple chocolate bombs and other special candies on the board to start. I've played it maybe 30 times using the max helmet boosters (chocolate bomb, two wrapped candies and extra moves) and I haven't even come close. Yet you tell your users that all levels are designed to be possible WITHOUT boosters. That's a lie and a blatant one. Many of your levels aren't even possible when released so you have to tweak them after the fact.

Why not just have your designers each play the level 3 times until it's been played 100 times and if people aren't passing it 30 percent of the time (or something reasonable), then tweak it BEFORE YOU RELEASE IT.

It's not a hard problem to solve, which tells any of your users who aren't stupid that it's a problem you don't want to solve.

Seems like a pretty stupid way to run a company. I'll keep playing, but I won't spend a thin red cent on this garbage and I'll disparage the company/its main product at any chance I get to anyone who will listen. Furthermore, I doubt I'm alone.

So, I say again: That's a pretty stupid way to run a company.

Answers

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,692 Sweet Legend
    Options

Hi Andrew, sorry for the delay in responding.  There are testers out there that do test the new levels before release.  They are chosen randomly.  I was a tester for one week and then it was gone.  Also the studio does monitor the levels when they come out and they collect data on how many people struggle with a level and how many clear the level.  I am going to pass your message along to a King Admin so that she can pass it along to the studio.  You do make some good points here!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?