⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Why are you removing messages from friends?

Options
eboughter
eboughter Posts: 14 Level 2

When did you start removing messages from friends? One day I might have 50 "you've received a life" messages from friends, and the next day I will have none! Why? I suppose I could thank you, as I am now playing much less frequently...wasting fewer hours playing. But it is aggravating. Not sure if this occurs only on the Facebook/desktop version.

Answers

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,683 Sweet Legend
    Options

Hi eboughter, I'm not clear as to what you mean about removing messages from friends.  Are you referring to the lives that your friends send you?  The lives have to do with playing through Facebook because those are the friends that are connected with your game. 

I'm going to ask you to please check your Facebook settings by following the steps from here: https://care.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/friend-list

Since Facebook made those changes it has affected the list of friends that you have that play the game.  Please let me know if this answers your question.  If not, please write back with more details.

• Lady_Choo
    Lady_Choo Posts: 24,330 Pet Rescue Moderator
    Options

Hi eboughter, this is a Facebook issue, rather than a  King issue. king recommend that we play on the King website and then lives won't vanish, but unless all your Facebook friends play through that too, we won't have the friends there so I just put up with it. 

I know exactly what you mean because I know with all my friends I should have a lot of lives waiting and sometimes I have none either. 

I know many games playing through Facebook do not save the lives either once you close the game, which differs from the app versions on mobile devices as they are stored in the device memory rather than the game. 

• eboughter
    Options

Hi eboughter, I'm not clear as to what you mean about removing messages from friends.  Are you referring to the lives that your friends send you?  The lives have to do with playing through Facebook because those are the friends that are connected with your game. 

I'm going to ask you to please check your Facebook settings by following the steps from here: https://care.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/friend-list

Since Facebook made those changes it has affected the list of friends that you have that play the game.  Please let me know if this answers your question.  If not, please write back with more details.

Yes, I am referring to lives sent by friends. THese are disappearing! One day I will show many lives sent by friends, and the next day they will have gone away.
  • eboughter
    Options

Hi eboughter, this is a Facebook issue, rather than a  King issue. king recommend that we play on the King website and then lives won't vanish, but unless all your Facebook friends play through that too, we won't have the friends there so I just put up with it. 

I know exactly what you mean because I know with all my friends I should have a lot of lives waiting and sometimes I have none either. 

I know many games playing through Facebook do not save the lives either once you close the game, which differs from the app versions on mobile devices as they are stored in the device memory rather than the game. 

I have not figured out how to play on the King site. I've tried to login, but I am not sure what userid/pw to use!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?