⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Offensive ads

Options
Noel_Graham
Noel_Graham Posts: 1 Newbie

Candy Crush has started giving players the option of earning extras by watching ads.  This is fine but the ads they have been showing are inappropriate for the stated age level.  My eight year old was watching a video on penis lengthening with very graphic pictures.  If this is how King is going to make their money they should at least warn players that their games are not appropriate for children.  Is anyone else seeing this?

Answers

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,695 Sweet Legend
    Options

Wow Noel, no I haven't seen that.  I have noticed that sometimes when I want to play a level to the right of the play button is another play button and it keeps changing a booster.  If I click on it then a red curtain shows up and opens and then there is an ad to watch.  Then when it's done I get that booster free.  Is that what you have too?

• Laura_Grosvenor
    Laura_Grosvenor Posts: 1,581 Level 4
    Options

This was an issue I had reported a while ago to the Mods @Elsa. Maybe you should report it again. That isn't right.

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,695 Sweet Legend
    Options

Thanks @Laura, I will go do that now.

• jfbj664
    jfbj664 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited September 2018
    Options

I agree!!!! I deleted the app yesterday and sent a email to King. Not only is the ad vulgar, but also uses the same scene as other ads. (People from a reality show reacting the same way to that commercial and the weight loss commercial.) I really don't mind watching the appropriate commercials because it allows us to earn boosters, but they have stepped WAY out of bounds. I know we can pay to have the ads removed, but I found it cheaper to REMOVE THE APP. No more King Games if that's how they want to promote business.

• jfbj664
    jfbj664 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

Wow Noel, no I haven't seen that.  I have noticed that sometimes when I want to play a level to the right of the play button is another play button and it keeps changing a booster.  If I click on it then a red curtain shows up and opens and then there is an ad to watch.  Then when it's done I get that booster free.  Is that what you have too?

Yes. Also there was a commercial about a movie with the actor telling someone to "Get outta my F*****G house. Very inappropriate commercials for games that children play.
  • QueenMia
    QueenMia Posts: 12,979 Community Manager
    Options

Hi Noel,

I understand you and I'm really sorry about the inconvenience. However, please note that as mention in our Terms and Conditions, our games are not for children and players below 18 years old are under the responsibility of their legal guardian - More info here: https://king.com/termsAndConditions 

I have passed the feedback to our Team, however, so they can have review the case and the ad. Thanks a lot for your feedback and sorry again for the inconvenience.

Mia

• djohnson84
    djohnson84 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I love the idea of watching an ad for a free booster or life, but I do not like the ads that are offensive such as showing a naked lady from the back.  When i see that ad pop up as the one to watch, I try to stop it, but it doesn't allow me to. This is supposed to be a child friendly game.  The ads should also be child friendly.  
  • Kazza-3
    Kazza-3 Posts: 217 Level 3
    Options
    QueenMia said:

Hi Noel,

I understand you and I'm really sorry about the inconvenience. However, please note that as mention in our Terms and Conditions, our games are not for children and players below 18 years old are under the responsibility of their legal guardian - More info here: https://king.com/termsAndConditions 

I have passed the feedback to our Team, however, so they can have review the case and the ad. Thanks a lot for your feedback and sorry again for the inconvenience.

Mia

The recommended age on the app store is 4+ for Candy Crush; if as you say your games are not for children why does it say that?
    I guess King can legally cover their behind by expecting adults to be watching over the shoulders of their kids while they play. Not exactly realistic for a bit of fun.
    I have also seen similar vulgar ads featuring nudity, as well as an anti-government, pro-union political ad that I don’t think belongs in the game either.

• mschaer
    mschaer Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited June 2023
    Options

Add are getting way too much. I play at work and around family and in public. A woman in a costume of a * holding a * even with no sound is way offensive!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?