⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

I added a new device, I had to change my password, now my original device won’t connect.

stegerjj
stegerjj Posts: 4 Newbie
I wanted to start playing Candy Crush Saga on my iPad, but my old password didn’t seem to be working, so I changed my password. I can login and play on the correct level on my new iPad, but now my phone says it doesn’t have an internet connection, even though I know it does. When I try to log out, I get the message “No internet connection found.” The game is on the right level, but it won’t connect. 

Answers

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,682 Sweet Legend
    Hi @stgerjj, where did you change your password - Facebook or the Kingdom?  I know that there was a Facebook connection glitch and we are waiting for Facebook to fix it. But if you are getting in on your iPad then it should be able to connect too on your phone.  I am going to post a troubleshooting link and I am going to ask you to please try it for your phone.  Let's see if that works.

• stegerjj
    Hi Elsa, I connect through the Kingdom, not Facebook. And I’ll try the troubleshooting link, thanks!
  • stegerjj
    I had already tried all the suggestions, force quit the game, shut off the phone, make sure my iOS and game are the latest versions, but I did them again. The only thing I haven’t done, is delete the game and reload it, because I really don’t want to lose the boosters, etc. that I’ve accumulated. 

It is bizarre that the game on my phone won’t let me log out because it thinks I don’t have an internet connection. 
  • Joseph45
    Joseph45 Posts: 1,582 Level 5
    Hello @stegerjj! If you changed your Kingdom account password within the game itself, then this may affect how your account is recognized. As a result, your account password may not be recognized if you try to log out of your account on one device and/or try to log in on another. This has happened to me before, and it does get very frustrating. In addition to the link that @Elsa provided, there is one more thing you could try that worked for me. In your game, go to the setting menu by clicking on the red cogwheel in the lower-left hand corner of your screen, and tapping the the orange "kingdom connect" icon. After this is pulled up, select "Account Settings." When prompted for a password, click the button that says "forgot password." Go into your email, and find the email in your spam folder. Then make sure to mark the email as "not spam" to make any further emails of this type appear in your "primary" folder. Open the email, click on the link it provides, and follow all instructions from there to reset your password. Once your password has been reset, try logging into your kingdom account again. This should now be fixed! Let me know how this goes. Have a divine day! 
  • stegerjj
    Thanks Joseph45!

I tried your suggestion, and I can only get in to Account Settings on the new device, which is my iPad. I’m not able to access Account Settings on my original device, which is my iPhone.  So I went into the game on my iPad, and went to Account Settings, and changed the password. I was able to log back into the game on my iPad with the new password, but on my iPhone, the original device, it still says there was an error, or that there is no Internet connection, and I know that there is one. Thanks again for your help. 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?