I don't receive lives from my friends since 1 month

petitpois
petitpois Posts: 5 Level 2

Best Answer

• suemj1
    suemj1 Posts: 5 Level 2
    Answer ✓
    I get the same error code but mine also says does not have valid ID.   I’m invisible to my friends and I can’t see them either.  There are lots of names showing as friends but I don’t know any of them.  Can’t send lives to friends or receive them.   I play on both desktop with windows 10 which is up to date and Apple iPad which is also up to date.  It must be something King.com has done recently as so many people are having the same problem.

Answers

• Sukanta_Biswas
    Sukanta_Biswas Posts: 24,932 Candy Moderator
    Hello petitpois
    I just wanted to drop you a quick message to say thank you for joining the King community forum 🙏🏻

What device you using for this game ? 

• mercerik
    mercerik Posts: 3,617 Legend
    petitpois said:
    @petitpois

Hi there! Welcome to the Candy Crush Saga Community!

Can you please tell me what device you are currently using and the Operating System running in this device? If this is a computer, is it Windows 10 or the older version which is Windows 7? It is very important to let us know so we can come up with a viable solution to your issue.

Thanks!
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Posts: 12 Level 2
    I'm having the same issue. Can't send or receive lives for about a month. It started happening the same day on both Windows 7 and Chrome.
  • mercerik
    edited June 2019
    Sherlock said:
    I'm having the same issue. Can't send or receive lives for about a month. It started happening the same day on both Windows 7 and Chrome.
    @Sherlock

Hi there! Welcome to the Candy Crush Saga Community!

The reason why you are having this problem is because Windows 7 does meet the Minimum Requirements to run the Candy Crush Saga App. We've had several inquiries about this in the Community since June 7. Unfortunately, you'll have to Upgrade your Computer Operating System to Windows 10 to be able get the run the App and get the best experience playing the game. It is better to do this now than to wait till Microsoft stop supporting Windows 7 where you wouldn't be able to get updates anymore which is a Security Risk. My advice to you is to check your computer for Windows 10 Upgrade Compatibility. If your computer pass the compatibility test, you'll be saving a lot of money buying the upgrade than buying a new computer. Installing the Upgrade is very easy. You just need to follow the directions from there. You don't need to pay someone to do it. It just requires time to get it done.

Here is the link to the System Requirements from the Microsoft Store: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/candy-crush-saga/9nblggh18846?activetab=pivot%3Aregionofsystemrequirementstab

Here is the ScreenShot of the System Requirements from the Microsoft Store.

Hope this answers your questions and concerns! Please click the "Yes" that I answered your question!

Thanks!

• Sherlock
    Well, I spent the afternoon downloading Windows 10 which, BTW, was free. Unfortunately, the problem still exists. So, it must not be a Windows 7 issue after all.
  • mercerik
    edited June 2019
    Sherlock said:
    Well, I spent the afternoon downloading Windows 10 which, BTW, was free. Unfortunately, the problem still exists. So, it must not be a Windows 7 issue after all.
    @Sherlock

How did you get it free and where? Did you check your computer for Windows 10 Upgrade Compatibility before you Downloaded the Upgrade? If your Computer is eligible for the Upgrade, you shouldn't have any issue whatsoever. Upgrade Download and Installation takes long hours process, not that short time so I don't believe you did it correctly. Here are some information that you should read about upgrades from the Microsoft: 
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12435/windows-10-upgrade-faq

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/windows-10-home/d76qx4bznwk4?icid=All_WindowsCat_0518&activetab=pivot%3aoverviewtab

• Sherlock
    Yes, I did all the necessary checking. I just happen to hate Windows 10 so I really didn't want to upgrade. I did some searching to see if I could get it free. I actually got Windows 10 Pro, probably because I had Windows 7 Pro on this laptop. I used this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/ . It's installed and all activated with a digital license. But I still cannot send or receive lives.
  • mercerik
    edited June 2019
    Sherlock said:
    Yes, I did all the necessary checking. I just happen to hate Windows 10 so I really didn't want to upgrade. I did some searching to see if I could get it free. I actually got Windows 10 Pro, probably because I had Windows 7 Pro on this laptop. I used this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/ . It's installed and all activated with a digital license. But I still cannot send or receive lives.
    @Sherlock

I don't understand why you didn't like Windows 10. I had Windows 7 Ultimate before I upgraded to Windows 10 Professional when it was offered for free by Microsoft in July 2015. There were issues at the beginning but they were fixed with the updates. Windows 7 was great during its time. Since my upgrade, I never looked back nor rolled back to Windows 7 because Windows 10 is a lot better. 

Did you Uninstall and Reinstall your Candy Crush Saga App before or after the Windows 10 Upgrade?

• Sherlock
    I use Windows 10 at work and it's great for that. My personal stuff is a different story. I don't like the browser and don't like how it cannot be customized. Not a fan of Chrome either. Maybe it's just me being stubborn. I had to stop using another laptop because the upgrade caused serious overheating issues that were common but couldn't be fixed in my case. That one is newer than the one I'm on currently. Luckily, no fan issues this time. I did uninstall and reinstall after the upgrade.
  • mercerik
    Sherlock said:
    I use Windows 10 at work and it's great for that. My personal stuff is a different story. I don't like the browser and don't like how it cannot be customized. Not a fan of Chrome either. Maybe it's just me being stubborn. I had to stop using another laptop because the upgrade caused serious overheating issues that were common but couldn't be fixed in my case. That one is newer than the one I'm on currently. Luckily, no fan issues this time. I did uninstall and reinstall after the upgrade.
    @Sherlock

To be honest with you, when I received the Notification from Microsoft in July 2015 for the Free Windows 10 OS Upgrade, I was a little hesitant because I had 2 Operating Systems running in my HP Pavilion Elite Desktop. I had Windows 7 Ultimate and Windows XP Professional. I was using XP for my Old Checkbook Maker Software that will not run on Windows 7. I tried the upgrade first with one of my HP Laptops. I thought it has neat features so I upgraded my two other laptops: another HP and a Sony Vaio. I noticed that the upgrade fixed the overheating issues on the Vaio. I played with them for about a week and noticed that the more I use Windows 10, the more I liked it. I knew that Microsoft was going to stop supporting Windows XP then. I have to give it up anyway so I decided to upgrade my Desktop. 

I had 2 issues at the beginning. I had to hide the printer driver from the Windows 10 Updates because HP did not release any updates at the time. Reinstalling the printer driver caused some printing problems. My Video Editing Software had conflict but was fixed with the updates. It has been almost 4 years since the upgrade and I still like it.

I am not really a fan of Laptops. The only benefit I get from them is portability. Just like the desktop, they accumulate dusts inside. I prefer the desktop better though because it is easy to open the tower, easy to clean the fan and to replace the parts. I can't say that for the Laptops. Do you know that one of the causes of laptop overheating is the accumulation of dust inside which if not cleaned can shorten the life of your fan? It is very hard to replace.

I hope everything is working fine for you now.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?