what's your biggest Dynamic Duo streak?

Options
Deryck
Deryck Posts: 1,121 Level 5

Just curious what everyone's biggest win streak is to see if any useful rewards are ever given.

I reached 100 tonight. Was rewarded with a 2-hour fish booster. Woohoo. 🙄

For the record, my buddy is one of those "absent" players - meaning I always pick up his/her slack.

But to the point: What even is the point of these new features if nothing special comes of it? For me the fish booster is bottom tier of all the boosters.

Comments

• Crimson_Dawn
    Crimson_Dawn Posts: 2,741 Level 5
    Options
    Hi, @Deryck! I had one of those absent players too. I got up to the 50s one time before we failed. Since then I've been searching for an active partner. I agree that I don't really care for the timed fish. My favorite timed booster to win is definitely the color bomb!
  • Deryck
    Options

Thanks @Crimson_Dawn. The least King could do with the competition challenges is make it so only active players of the game are involved in them. Hopefully this thread makes that apparent for them. I'm sure they have statistics keeping track of who's playing, so it shouldn't be something out of their abilities.

I like the hammer and hand switch myself, but I'm thinking for milestone moments like these (i.e. 100 streak) in competitions, they could at least reward a party popper/UFO/striped ball/bundle of gold bars.

• Crimson_Dawn
    Options
    I actually agree with you on this one! While I do love the two hours of color bombs, I think King could do a little more on this one. But, in the end, I guess what we're getting is better than nothing!
  • Deryck
    Options

@Crimson_Dawn hehe, too true - something better than nothing. And that's the main reason I kept building my streak despite never getting anything different than what was rewarded previously (always either a 2-hr color bomb, striped/wrapped, or fish).

I rarely ever make use of the timed boosters since my free time is limited, but when I do have the time, they're nice to have.

• Crimson_Dawn
    Options
    @Deryck
    The most surprising thing to me is that people whose streak is three gets the same reward as a person at 100! I never made it that high, but I thought you would get something more at 100. Timed boosters can have their advantages though. If I do get a chance to play for an hour or two, they can be real lifesavers! Oh well! It's can't decide what rewards to give everyone because it's not my decision. I'll just take what I can get and use it!
  • Deryck
    Options

@Crimson_Dawn  Bravo! Your first sentence in the last message perfectly illustrates the issue! Simple and clear.

Are you reading, King? 👀

• SagaR
    SagaR Posts: 187 Level 3
    Options
    Currently at 156 and no, the rewards won't get any better. =) I don't really mind about the rewards in any case; I just like to see the counter go up. My Dynamic Duo partner and myself have been together from the start and she does also play the game so I'm lucky.
  • Deryck
    Options
    @SagaR  🤣 Good ol' predictable King. I guessed as much. I'm also guilty of just liking the number count go up - on anything. btw nice to see someone paired with an actual partner that plays the game for a change!
  • Crimson_Dawn
    Options
    I'm guilty of that too! That's why in the Weekly Race I'm usually 20 levels above everyone else. I love to have that high number though!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?