Lost all my lives and boosters

Options
twkumro
twkumro Posts: 1 Newbie
My iPad died and I purchased a new one.  I've always played Candy Crush through Facebook.  After reloading Candy Crush to the new ipad, it remembers my level and how many gold bars I had, but everything else is gone...my lives, all my boosters.  Significant loss.  Is there any way to retrieve them or am I just deleting candy crush from my new device?

Comments

• bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 16,136 Candy Moderator
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Hello @twkumro and welcome to our wonderful community.  I also play on an iPad and play through Facebook.  I'm sorry you lost all your lives and boosters. There are notices/warnings posted in several locations throughout the community telling people that if they have to de-install and re-install the game for some reason (or in this case - transfer your account to a new device) - you will lose all your saved boosters and lives because that information is saved locally to the device and isn't transferred.  That is why they recommend not storing a large amount of boosters on a mobile device.  I have heard the occasional person say that when they reloaded their information to a new device - their boosters were there too, but I have never been able to verify that.

If you purchased any boosters that you hadn't used yet - those can be restored in they are missing, but any free boosters (and of course any lives) will be gone.

I know this isn't what you wanted to hear but unfortunately it's how the game works.  I had to de-install and re-install the game on an iPad several months ago and I have managed to accumulate over 100 hammers and a dozen UFOs as well as various other boosters, so you can re-accumulate them fairly quickly.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?