Where did your nickname come from?

Comments

• firebombmarkus
    firebombmarkus Posts: 13,110 Sweet Legend
    Thanks for letting me know @mercerik It's valuable for my vocabulary. I think "nick" is shortened for a nickname in informal language. Can you tell us where yours came from?
  • majoy
    majoy Posts: 1 Newbie
    Just a combo of my initials and the first 3 letters of my mom’s name. 
  • firebombmarkus
    That's cute 😊 Thanks for sharing it with us @majoy
  • JadedKitt
    JadedKitt Posts: 11 Level 2
    My nickname has a sort of interesting story I guess.

My actual full nickname is JadedKittsune, but I got lazy (hey don't laugh!). One day, I was just randomly trying to figure out a new name to go by (weird teenage "new life, new name" stuff) and a lot of people called me DJ at the time. So my brain just flipped it to JD and that turned into Jade, like the green stone (green is my fav color). My favorite animal is a fox and I have somehow always managed to work that into my usernames and this time it was no exception, because Kitsune is fox in Japanese. I just added the extra 't' in there for uniqueness.

So yeah. If you ever wanna stalk me for some weird reason (I won't judge), JadedKittsune is the way to go. But, like, please don't stalk me. I'm nice. I have not bitten anybody too hard yet, and I really wanna make new friends, so don't be afraid to reach out! UwU
  • LadyRaffie
    LadyRaffie Posts: 4,130 Community Manager
    Hello @JadedKitt :)

Welcome to our community! :hurrah:

We might or not might stalk you, but for sure you will have fun with us here! 
    Hope to see you around  :3

Have a Brilliant day!
  • firebombmarkus
    Hi @JadedKitt That's quite interesting. I love the fact that it is related to the Japanese language 😊
  • wafercookieflippers
    wafercookieflippers Posts: 4,637 Legend
    I just found this thread and it is so sweet. I hope it is okay for me to leave mine here.🤗

"wafercookieflippers" was formerly a stuffed owl. 🦉 I love owls and sometimes people give them to me as gifts. When I received this one, a very cute little girl who must have been like 3, says "look! His flippers! Wafer cookies! Wafer cookie flippers!" The wings did indeed look like wafer cookies because of the cross-hatching and the coloring. I think she thought it was a penguin. I decided that we were definitely naming that owl "wafer cookie flippers" but the name just didn't stick.

When I signed up, I used it because it was still the most awesome name ever. I also decided that wafercookieflippers is much more fitting for the animal I would like to be if given the choice: a big humpback whale. 😊❤️🐳
  • firebombmarkus
    Of course you can post 😊 I love it, very cute story. Thanks for sharing it with us 🤗 @wafercookieflippers
  • trixiemattel
    trixiemattel Posts: 2 Newbie
    My nickname is trixiemattel to honor the best drag queen in the world ahaha! 
  • Nck
    Nck Posts: 5,281 Level 4
    My name is nick so only made sense to call myself Nick lol or nck

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?